Staying or Going - accept £1,000,000 to leave your country?

Would you accept £1,000,000 (or the equivelant in whatever currency) to leave your Country and never set foot in it again?

Rainbow x

1 Like

Hhhmmm :017: … I suppose that would very much depend on which Country you called your own !

I`m very sure that there are many , many , many people born into Countries with bad regimes that would happily turn their back on their own Country just to be able to escape from it in the first place , without the need for any financial inducements .

This is aimed at people living in a green and pleasant land

Not sadly for folk who would up and go the moment a door could be opened for them! :frowning:

Rainbow x

I’m sure many people would jump at the offer Rainbow, but I am quite happy to stay in the Country I was born and raised in, even if the powers that be F… it up.

Leave Scotland? Never.

No way. I love my country, City, neighborhood and house. Besides, a million pounds/dollars isn’t what it used to be; moving expenses would eat up a big chunk of it as would resettling in the new country. The remainder wouldn’t generate enough dividend income to live comfortably.

Despite the ruining of this country that Blair and Brown cast upon us this is still the best country in the world.

As you get older you learn that money is not everything, Health, Family, Social life mean far more than money so for me NO WAY JOSE’.

It would be no sweat to make my way back to dear old Scotland from England after being away for 45years. I’ll take the Million, might just be able to get a round in!

Well I understood your question, Rainbow … my country is England and no I couldn’t leave it forever … it’s always nice to come home even after holidays :wink:

No, I wouldn’t leave England for any amount of money, and like Mags, I love coming home if I have been away for holiday…

In a heart beat!:026: My son has lived in Canada for the last 10 years so I was curious to see just what you had to do to live there permanently. I found the Australian site that gives you the paperwork. I always get confused with immigrate and migrate and filled in the wrong forms. I have lived here all my life and payed taxes since I was 17, so imagine my surprise when my reply from Canberra told me I barely made the grade to be a permanent resident!! IN AUSTRALIA! :102: I would have thought they might have clicked when they saw the mailing address or the answer to the third question…where are you coming from! go figure!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do you think they are trying to tell you something :wink: Don’t worry I’m sure the Brits will take you back if you ever decided to return to the ‘mother’ country. You’d need to have a 'roo loose in the top paddock to want to 'tho :lol:

Errr, several, little buggers! Australia is very young so we don’t have a lot of history. Schools used to teach about Burke and Wills, Ayers and other great explorers. Not now, kids learn that if you climb Ayers rock you will upset someone so don’t! I have and it was fantastic. You have all those great castles and homes and history. The past kings and queens and their families. I watch ‘a home in the country’ and I would love to live in one of those homes.

I could move to another country and not look back only if I took my family and best friends with me!

I look out of my window, it’s raining (lol, again!) but … there’s several shades of greenery and flowers and birds on the feeders - between showers and in the bird bath, my cat is asleep on ‘her’ chair here, with me and I love it! This earth, this realm, this England.

Iris :slight_smile: I couldn’t agree more:038:

I wouldn’t leave home for a million pounds or any amount of cash…

I actually don’t think I’d go for the deal. I chose, recently, to spend the remainder of my life in Oregon. Money could never replace what I have here. I’d be considered dirt poor by most American standards but I’m rich in my own heart. :wink:

Well said Bob. If you are lucky you get to a point in life when you have decided where you want to see out your days, when your needs are few, and the quality of your life is all that you could want. I have been lucky enough to reach that point in place and time, and I would want to swap with no-one, at any price. How good does it get? Trust me when I say I count my blessings daily…

I’m 100% in agreement Bob and Barry, if you got enough money to live fairly comfortable for the rest of your natural and are happy with your lot, then you have made it, so relax whenever you like, take your time (it’s all yours) and enjoy what you got left.

Bob, Barry, Jem, I’m in complete agreement with you!!