Started putting garden to bed

Reading this I suddenly realised I’d not seen my one and only sunflower (as a result of feeding birds) so have just been out to have a look and it was flat on the ground and beyond help otherwise I would have tried sticking it back in the ground.

Oh what a shame :frowning: My one was the only one that grew out of the many seeds. It’s still going strong, only one thing about it that bothers me though, it’s facing the wrong way…towards the neighbours…and the sun is in the opposite direction :smiley:

Sounds like you planted the seed the wrong way round, Berxer! :wink: :mrgreen:

Him indoors planted the seed and it was fine until it snapped…but he obviously just stuck it back in the ground any old how…but I daren’t tell him that, because he never does anything wrong :roll: :lol:

That’s funny Mags :slight_smile:
My one and only sunflower is also facing the wrong way. I have to take the grandkiddies through the side gate and along the side fence for them to see it!

Doh! Just realised that my post seemed to have taken you seriously :mrgreen: :lol::lol:

I’m not that green…honest! :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know… just your fingers! :smiley:

My garden was a disaster this year-my heart was just not in it. Next year though?. I knew it was love when Linda was over for the day to help me do some weeding,and told me she was a florist for 15 years back when her children were growing up.

I am so relived :slight_smile: I though I had killed off the lavender bed by cutting it back too far :shock: I am happy to say it is sprouting in spite of the close shave :mrgreen:.

Before Plantman tells me off, I know the best time to do anything other than tidying up the flowering stalks is really the spring but I was in the mood for chopping things off and did it anyway :shock:.

Now I have to wait and see if the new growth survives a hard winter .

No, not me Meg, I don’t know a thing about flowering plants, other than Mrs PM is in charge of them…:lol: (and just between you and me, and please don’t mention this to anyone else, but my pseudonym actually relates to construction plant and machinery, not the greeny growy type plants…:shock: :smiley: )

Oh Barry :lol: you have shattered my illusion of you being the older woman’s Alan Tichmarsh :shock::lol:

I thought you were a keen gardener too, going by your user name, Barry! :lol:

Am I the only one who remembered Barry told us this ages ago? :smiley:

Well done for remembering Eileen, as I must admit the name is a real misnomer and I think I may have struggled to remember that little nugget of useless information…:lol:

I do remember Barry telling us but I meant when he first joined I thought he was an ‘expert’ gardener! :lol:

Oh sorry,Mags! :blush: I did too till he 'fessed all! :smiley:

The last couple of days have been spent in the gardens, attending to all those Autumn tidying up tasks and the weather has been superb, tomorrow is supposed to be following suit so it will be a case of one or two paint jobs to do outside, including painting the front fence (good old Cuprinol). Always a busy time in the gardens is Autumn and the good weather is certainly a bonus.

I know I’m new here… was thinking great there’s a real gardening expert here, somebody who knows his plants!!

I think he fooled many of us, Marian! :lol:

But we do have some knowledgeable plant people on here, Marian, so any questions, please just ask. :smiley: