Stabilisation in video cameras - walking test

I think is if someone has only used sony camcorders they are going to say Sony are the best, same for panasonic users. However I have used both so can speak from over 12 years experience using camcorders . Nothing actually wrong with the Sony AX53 video wise ,but oh that lack of control and stablisation!!! say no more. for me that was the main issues i had with it , the test is walking really shows up the difference.

I find that albeit the sony is ok??? the panasonic produces a better video overall.

to give so idea of how steady the panasonic is walking hand held in my garden (with slippers on) also need little practice doing it

Panasonic HC-X1500 hand held ND built in filter on1/4 setting

there is no way could I have done this with the Sony AX53. also check the colours. Taken 14.30Approx on 29/3/2024 today and one of the 3 options to use for stablisation. you don’t get that with the Sony

this is how i did it

P1060380.JPG

I bought a tripod arm for two positions . this gave me clearance to use the flip out screen. Also a round handle ( I modified an old one I had) assembled like this. to say I was staggered the difference this made, well the vide above shows. initially I had the handle above the bar but that made the camcorder that much lower . Apart from that the hadle being that far from the camcorder helped control any sideways swing

I cannot show setup used as described in above as I am prevented to post photos due to being on site level 0. Sorry about hat but not my fault