Squid Game - Series One

Just started watching this series on Netflix. It is The Hunger Games for adult Koreans. It started off slow but got to a satisfactory level of blood shed in the first episode.

I shall definitely watch the second episode before deciding whether to continue.

1 Like

Have downloaded it to comp have not watched it yet.

My daughter and her friend plus a mate have said it is awesome and I will start to watch it next week.

Just started to watch looks interesting.

Link explains the making of it.

(9) SOME FACTS/TRIVIA YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT SQUID GAME 오징어 게임 NETFLIX SERIES(SPOILER)INFORMATION/HISTORY - YouTube

It’s on my playlist!
I marathon watched the Maid until 3am this morning! Next Squid game

Just got thru the first 2 eps they were a little odd and a bit boring the only thing I wanted was the leading man to die O what sniveling dirt bag looser coward he is.

First ep was interesting when they played the green red game.

Talked to others who have seen some of the later eps and they say after the first 2 eps it starts to get much better.

It’s on my Watch list…

Still contemplating it. What do you reckon - worth a watch or not…

Will watch Ep 3 tomorrow and let you know.

1 Like

Ok thank you

Finished the series. I enjoyed it. please watch with the subtitles the dubbed version is awful and actually changes it… I give it 5 stars lol

2 Likes

Seriously? 5 stars!
Ok,my weekend is sorted then!

:grin:

1 Like

Almost finished it here. Partway through episode 9. Dubbed version was fine.

I didn’t mind it either I used to hate dubbed films but have watched a Mexican, French, Korean and Danish series’ now and have got used to it. I have the subtitles on even for English language movies because I am a bit deaf anyway.

A suggestion has popped up on my Netflix channel

Alice in Borderland

It looks a bit like Squid Games but sufficiently different for me to list it for later

Interesting, though, that “Netflix counts a view as anyone who’s watched two minutes of an episode”. So in theory, 110 million viewers could have tuned in, watched 2 minutes, and thought "what a load of cr*p, and turned it off :lol:

Struggled to get threw Ep3.

The dubbing is terrible.

Will preserve its got to get better hasn’t it?

Daughter watches this & as I was at her house she put the first episode on to see if I liked it. No thanks, not for me at all. I haven’t got Netflix, so I can’t watch it anyway on my TV.
I agree the dubbing is awful.

Just been to Leicester SQ London and they where selling the facemasks in the series for £10 each

My son raves about it. Apparently kids in the playground are playing some sort of game called red green or something that they have pinched the idea from the program. I watched a trailer but it didn’t appeal to me.

I watched it and thought it was good…not worth all the hype though

It’s a modern fable. I heard they don’t plan to do series 2 because the actors are refusing. They needed counselling for the trauma of the filming which was very mentally gruelling.