Sponges, Cakes And Everything Sweet

Oooh, that came out nice, bet it went down well

When I can’t get those orange and lemon slices ( they seem to come in the shops around Christmas for some reason) I buy a pack of Tescos jelly sweets, pick out the orange and yellow ones and slice them up.

That’s what I did with this one, I piped the stripes on top with lemon curd and a tiny bit of icing sugar

4 Likes

That’s a good idea, will get some, next time I shop.

Yes it went down very well ,with my two friends, they love the American frosting, which isn’t as sickly as the ordinary filling, where is just butter and icing sugar ,lemon juice, this frosting has a lot of cream in it, which is nowhere as sickly as the one I just explained, absolutely delicious, you ought to try their frosting, they also cream the butter first ,until it white and fluffy, then add the cream, lemon juice and lemon jest, then very slowly add in the icing sugar…you can add more or less icing sugar, depending on your sweet tooth.:grinning:

1 Like

It sounds lovely but I always worry about adding cream in case it goes off or sour

Butter is OK out of the fridge but it you do American frosting with cream does it mean you’ve got to keep your cake in the fridge?

I made the coffee and walnut cake plus a ganache cake…with the cream, it was absolutely fine, didn’t need refrigeration…left out for at least 3 days, obviously covered in the glass cake stand.

I thought what you thought, but took the risk, which paid off, same with the lemon one, I don’t like refrigerated sponges, they just don’t taste the same.

If I make a butter less sponge, with real cream and icing sugar, then I definitely refrigerate that one, …it’s the butter sponges I don’t like refrigerated.

Actually thinking about it, you could refrigerate the butter sponge, take it out of fridge and let it reach room temp, I never thought to do that until recently, when I froze some cake…I would in the past, take it straight out of the fridge.then eat it, were always learning new tricks in baking, that’s for sure…took me long enough to learn that one,:rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you Pauline but i don’t eat a lot of cake, only the Christmas one and i do that very slowly because it’s so rich but i like it.

1 Like

My friend is having a dinner party at the weekend, she asked if i could make the deserts, I made mini mango cheesecakes, a trial test, got to work better on those chocolate swirls, haven’t made them in ages,:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

They look delicious!

1 Like

@pauline3 They look gorgeous have you got a recipe please my brother adore mango and cheesecake may make for his birthday

2 Likes

Yes, I got it on YouTube, I will go through the steps on Friday if that’s ok?

I am making another batch for my friends dinner party, I will post pics of the stages, very, very easy to make ,Kazz, …the biscuit base was made with Oreos,…anyway, see you Friday.:+1:

3 Likes

@pauline3 Thanks

1 Like

They look amazing, i love cheese cake, haven’t had it for ages.

2 Likes

Hi Kazz, I noticed you edited your post.

Did you manage to find Cupcake Savvy’s kitchen on YouTube?

They are called mini mango cheesecakes, I went with the milk chocolate, she went with the white, …I read you said, you may try it today, let me know how you got on?:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Please let me know if you still want me to post the stages of making the dessert?

1 Like

I made this apple pie and just taken it out of the oven, it was supposed to be a lattice apple pie, unfortunately I ran out of pastry as you can see, I made the most of what pastry I had left for the top.
It’s an American apple filling, can’t wait to taste it,:heartpulse:

All butter pastry, thinly sliced apples, coated in cinnamon, then the filling, which consists of butter, sugar, flour and water…we’ll skip the “ calories “,:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Still looks good to eat Pauline

1 Like

Thanks Logan, look at that yummy filling…I get most of my sweet pie and cake recipes from the Americans on YouTube.

She came up trumps with this delicious apple pie, the filling is delicious!!..:+1:

2 Likes

Raspberry Bakewell Cake.

Excellent it is.

2 Likes

It looks delicious, :heartpulse:

You can’t beat homemade cake/ tarts,etc.

1 Like

Thank you P3 - my wife is ace in the kitchen. I won’t starve !

1 Like

Looks yummy

1 Like

Yummy

1 Like