Soup time! What's your favorite soup?

The weather is getting colder (where I am anyway). It’s time for some soup.

I’ve been eating split pea soup, lentil soup and minestrone soup lately.

What’s your favorite soup?

2 Likes

French onion…with a cheesy crouton on top…perfect.

2 Likes

No1 Minestrone with copious amounts of finely grated parmesan together with the croutons.
No2 Oxtail
No3 Beef & Tomato
No4 Leak & Potato

2 Likes

Mulligatawny. (not really but its such a beautiful word).

2 Likes

I make organic carrot and fresh coriander soup sometimes a small piece of chopped onion added .

I would love more recipes if others would add theirs too

2 Likes

Lentil and Bacon.

3 Likes

Not keen on soup,it’s too wet.My BH makes a passable minestrone.I think she bungs everything in the 'fridge into it.

2 Likes

Then she is a very wise cook Psmith ! I often go through my fridge & larder to find things that need to be used, then make a meal with them. Some of my tastiest meals come from this process!
I often think that good chefs find good recipes from making mistakes with the ingredients! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m with @susiejaeger on this - lentil and bacon soup is divine. I make a huge potful at a time and freeze it in portions. A close second is broccoli and stilton.

2 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out what bungs means. I googled it and . . . nothing except some kind of metal or wooden stopper.

To me, soup is like ghosts: I can’t see the point in it, but, unlike ghosts, soup does exist.

2 Likes

Can’t be bothered with soup, it is not a meal, you can’t eat it with a knife and fork so it must be a drink, if it is a drink I’d rather have a beer.

2 Likes

Spicy Parsnip is my favourite.

2 Likes

That’s a very good description of soup, Bruce.

:bowl_with_spoon: :017: :018:

1 Like

@Butterscotch :slightly_smiling_face: “bungs” is also slang for ‘throws’…… eg “she throws everything in the fridge into it”. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you, Mags. :slight_smile: I would not have been able to figure that out without your help.

1 Like

Oh I love making soup! I get a ham hock from the butchers and use that, along with an assortment of veggies. I make a big batch and freeze some. Smaller soup adventures tends to be spicy something-or-other.

3 Likes

You would need a full set of eating irons to consume my home made soups.

2 Likes

Oxtail soup with a dash of Worcestershire sauce in it does it for me.

I haven’t had a decent minestrone since leaving Italy.

2 Likes

I heard its thick enough to stand your spoon up in it…not the insipid watery stuff we get here.

2 Likes