Some very sad news to tell you

That is good to hear Susie! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I captured a 3 week old, orphaned kitten in the late 80s and called her Suzy. She lived to the age of 22 , when she had a stroke.
Lets hope that Coco can comfortably beat that age !

Still early days Twink. The waves will subside soon though.

Thanks Twink.

Thanks Dex, I have been through this so many times since my first cat in 1973.
It hurts like hell & then you feel peace because you no longer have to see them suffer. I think my biggest sobs will come in about 10 days, when his box of ashes are returned to me.
I always think that is a bit like a funeral where you know you will never see the cat as you have known him, but you can go to the casket ( just like you go to a graveside) when you want to show you that you loved them.

1 Like

Absolutely Twink. It’s genuine grieving, with the usual fear/guilt of forgetting being a part of it.

Not nice at all, but we all know from experience that we never forget and that sometimes we even get flashbacks of things which we’d actually forgotten that we remembered. You know all this, but sometimes it’s useful to be reminded anyway. xx

1 Like

Twinkle, I am sorry to hear the sad news about Rudi.
It’s heartbreaking when you have to let a beloved pet go but it’s a final act of love to save them from unnecessary suffering.

At least you know that you and your sister between you did everything you could to give Rudi a happy, safe and comfortable life for 16 years, despite his health problems.
The little fella landed on his feet when your sister took him in all those years ago.
I can understand how upset you must be feeling now, losing your beloved pet who was also such a close link with your sister.
I hope you can take comfort from the many fond memories of the joy Rudi has given you both over the years.

1 Like

Your comments resonated with me so much Twink. I’ve always had cats , 5 at one point and said goodbye to many. Only recently did I adopt a dog who had been used for breeding and was so nervous. She became my shadow for 5 wonderful years until I lost her to cancer last year and she like your beloved cat will accompany on my last journey.

I have a pillow with her image imprinted on it and we have a cuddle every night which gives me some comfort but I miss the presence of her and the love that she gave me will never leave .

Animals are amazing creatures and give unconditional love. Hugs to you for your loss.

My darling Cherie.

2 Likes

Thank you Boot,

What you say is right and I know that the pleasure they bring to us is a great joy, when compared to short time of grieving we have to bear when they leave us.

Twink ,sad to hear about Rudi :cry: ((hugs))
Losing pet friends is such a painful time.

1 Like

Cherie was a beautiful little dog. Keeping a picture of her in your house may help you remember all the good things you shared, because once you win an animals trust you never forget the joy it gave you
 so it lasts a lifetime!

1 Like

Pets bring joy , they can also break your heart .
Dear little Rudi keep his memory safe X

Thanks Ripple I will. His ashes will be back with me in the next 10 days & I am going to try and get a photo from my sister’s phone printed. It is a good one and I will put a piece of his fur in the frame, as I have done with all the cats I have lost.
It may sound silly but it is my way of thinking that they are still with me. :heart:

1 Like

It doesn’t sound silly at all, I think it’s lovely. :hugs:

2 Likes

Twink it’s a lovely idea .
Don’t worry about them not being with you 
they are safe in your heart

1 Like

I hope this works
 this is a photo of Rudi.

5 Likes

He was a really beautiful cat, Twink. Thank you for sharing his photo.

1 Like

What a handsome chap
a total sweetheart xx

1 Like

Rudi was such a beautiful cat,Twink :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

What a handsome fella!! Although, I did imagine Rudi to be a browny coloured cat.
With looks like that, Rudi could have had a career in modelling
 especially on the front of chocolate boxes!

What about you? Diane. How are you feeling? I hope you’re ok? xx

1 Like

Thanks for all your lovely comments. I have to say that Rudi’s personality was his greatest character & he never once attacked me when I had to treat his poor health conditions & he totally trusted me. He was a joy to look after.

I have come to terms with losing him because he is no longer suffering. Tammy & Mr Grey have been a bit subdued but seem to be getting back to normal. If you want to see them I put photos of them on the " I love cats thread " yesterday.

2 Likes