Some very sad news to tell you

I inherited Rudi , my cat who had asthma , when my sister died in January 2014. I helped him get rid of fur balls & noticed that pollen affected his breathing, so learned how to give him an asthma inhaler. He was a long haired ginger & white cat with a good nature, so easy to love!
He then picked up mites in his ears , maybe from my night time Fox visitors to my garden, so I decided to make him an indoor cat & he seemed happy.
Following a severe case of constipation owing to the hot weather recently, I was worried so took him to the senior vet, at the practice. He had lost a bit of weight & was a bit dehydrated, but on examination they found a large mass in his stomach. The vet said they could offer drugs to keep him more comfortable , for a few weeks, but I decided that I did not want him to suffer any more, so he was put to sleep in my arms this morning! :sob:
I am very sad & will miss him a lot, but I am so pleased to have known such a brave cat, who arrived at my sister house as a starving cat 8 years before he came to me, then came to me & was a joy to look after through all his health problems. He will be cremated and his ashes returned to me along with those of my other treasured cats. When I die they will all be scattered along with my ashes, so we will all be together once more!

6 Likes

Hi

A very sad but very touching post Twinks

1 Like

Deepest condolences for your loss.

1 Like

Thank you!

So sorry about Rudi, Twink.
All the animal lovers understand how it feels to lose a much loved pet.

1 Like

Oh gosh Twink, I’m so sorry. It’s awful to lose pets.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss

1 Like

Aw - sorry for your loss Twink.

You must be feeling so sad just now. ((((HUGS))))

1 Like

Sorry to hear of your loss Twinks.

1 Like

@Twink55 - So sorry to hear your sad news, Twink. Rudi was a brave puss and, I am sure, you will have many happy memories of him to treasure.

1 Like

So sorry Twink about Rudi, he was quite young but very brave.
Thinking of you! :hugs:

1 Like

Even more poignant given the inheritance factor.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about Rudi. Sending many hugs. X

1 Like

He was 16 Susie! He had 8 years with my sister & then 8 years with me…but we all feel the loss no matter how old they are, don’t we? :anguished:

1 Like

@Twink55 sorry for the loss of Rudi , there will be an empty place in your heart and home , which I’m sure you will quickly fill .Thinking of your loss.

1 Like

Awww so sorry to hear this . Very sad

1 Like

Eliza thank you. I can tell you that I still have 2 cats Tammy ( a kitten who had no home & was having kittens 9 years ago) & Mr Grey a starving feral cat who broke his leg just over 2 years ago and has now moved in . He seems to think he is my shadow because he follows wherever I go… even the bathroom! :laughing: They still fill my home & my heart.

2 Likes

Twink, I’m tempted to start paying you £2 pcm via an sms subscription, ’ cos you’re starting to look like one of those TV ad charities for hard done by pussycats. You’re a real star!!

So sorry. I know you must be really hurting right now and I’m so sorry for your pain.
Try take comfort in knowing you gave the cat a wonderful life with you. You were kind to not let your cat suffer.

Big hugs xxx

1 Like

That is nice of you to say Dextrous ! I have never been without a cat since 1973 and most of them had been through a difficult time, but I will never let one suffer if I can help it.

1 Like