Some very sad news to tell you

So sorry for your loss of Rudi, Twink. :slightly_frowning_face:

You were so devoted to him and gave him a wonderful caring lifeā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

Oh so sorry to hear your sad news Twink
(((Hugs)) to you xx
Rudi was lucky to be so well looked after and adored x

1 Like

yes but we know you can not refuse a stray that wonders into your garden , and i feel one will be arriving at your door sometime soon .

1 Like

Oh Twinks I am so sorry I know how upset you must beā€¦ I know Mr Grey and Tammy will also miss Rudi, he was a lucky little chap to find youā€¦ remember you all had many happy years togetherā€¦ biggest hugs to you all xx

2 Likes

So sad twink, I know we were devastated when we had to put our cat to sleep, take comfort in knowing your cat was loved and had a good life, and you didnā€™t let him suffer towards the end.

1 Like

So sorry to hear this Twink, I know how hard it is to lose a much loved pet. What a lovely thoughtful puss, though, to share his life so equally between your sister and you - he clearly loved you both and didnā€™t want either of you to feel the less favoured one :wink:

1 Like

Oh Diane, l am so sad and so sorry to read this awful news.
We are in contact a lot and l feel like l know your cats even though l have never ever seen them
Rudi has done so well over the years, even though he has had his asthma trouble. I know just lately, he wasnā€™t so well but had picked up a little after drinking the milk and water.

I am sorry that l have only read this now and itā€™s too late to ring you. I hope youā€™re coping ok as l know you will be in shock and absolutely broken-hearted as Rudi had a very special place in your heart. xx

1 Like

Oh Twink I am so sorry .
They cross the rainbow bridge taking a part of our hearts with them .

1 Like

I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of you because your kind words have helped me deal with losing Rudi.
When we are feeling sad, the best thing to help us cope are the words from friends who understand.
I went to bed last night & felt lonely because when I said ā€œbedtimeā€ Rudi always came with me. After about 30 mins Mr Grey & Tammy joined me & stayed all night. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

We do Twink. Luckily Coco is still fighting fit, she did have a check up at the Vets recently and there were no signs of anything wrong with her just old age, she is now 19 years old.

That is good to hear Susie! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I captured a 3 week old, orphaned kitten in the late 80s and called her Suzy. She lived to the age of 22 , when she had a stroke.
Lets hope that Coco can comfortably beat that age !

Still early days Twink. The waves will subside soon though.

Thanks Twink.

Thanks Dex, I have been through this so many times since my first cat in 1973.
It hurts like hell & then you feel peace because you no longer have to see them suffer. I think my biggest sobs will come in about 10 days, when his box of ashes are returned to me.
I always think that is a bit like a funeral where you know you will never see the cat as you have known him, but you can go to the casket ( just like you go to a graveside) when you want to show you that you loved them.

1 Like

Absolutely Twink. Itā€™s genuine grieving, with the usual fear/guilt of forgetting being a part of it.

Not nice at all, but we all know from experience that we never forget and that sometimes we even get flashbacks of things which weā€™d actually forgotten that we remembered. You know all this, but sometimes itā€™s useful to be reminded anyway. xx

1 Like

Twinkle, I am sorry to hear the sad news about Rudi.
Itā€™s heartbreaking when you have to let a beloved pet go but itā€™s a final act of love to save them from unnecessary suffering.

At least you know that you and your sister between you did everything you could to give Rudi a happy, safe and comfortable life for 16 years, despite his health problems.
The little fella landed on his feet when your sister took him in all those years ago.
I can understand how upset you must be feeling now, losing your beloved pet who was also such a close link with your sister.
I hope you can take comfort from the many fond memories of the joy Rudi has given you both over the years.

1 Like

Your comments resonated with me so much Twink. Iā€™ve always had cats , 5 at one point and said goodbye to many. Only recently did I adopt a dog who had been used for breeding and was so nervous. She became my shadow for 5 wonderful years until I lost her to cancer last year and she like your beloved cat will accompany on my last journey.

I have a pillow with her image imprinted on it and we have a cuddle every night which gives me some comfort but I miss the presence of her and the love that she gave me will never leave .

Animals are amazing creatures and give unconditional love. Hugs to you for your loss.

My darling Cherie.

2 Likes

Thank you Boot,

What you say is right and I know that the pleasure they bring to us is a great joy, when compared to short time of grieving we have to bear when they leave us.

Twink ,sad to hear about Rudi :cry: ((hugs))
Losing pet friends is such a painful time.

1 Like

Cherie was a beautiful little dog. Keeping a picture of her in your house may help you remember all the good things you shared, because once you win an animals trust you never forget the joy it gave youā€¦ so it lasts a lifetime!

1 Like