Solo Traveller needs advice

So, what’s the best way of travelling/meeting people if you are a mature solo traveller and like to try new places or experiences?

2 Likes

I have an old aunt who has been around the world on her own lots of times.She just gets on a cruise ship*.I don’t know whether that would be healthy at the moment though.

*She does pay and not a stowaway.
And Hello :slight_smile:

1 Like

For a start don’t stay at motels, you will meet no one. Camping is a good option, everybody and his dog wants to talk to you.

2 Likes

Welcome to OFC :slightly_smiling_face:

I have researched solo travelling for females and I have found a few credible sources that offer solo travel that’s safe.

Perhaps research online. There may be similar offerings for males.

Are you a member of Saga? Their magazines have lots of travel ideas and info👍

I went on Coach Holidays ,you get to know some people round the Dinner Table , down side to this is being solo you sometimes get the worst room…
So if i was to take it up again , I think i would make my own room booking in a 5 star and just pay the coach company for the outings and journey there and back .

1 Like

Can you tell me a bit more about what’s being offered to males? :thinking:

1 Like

There’s always sex tours of Thailand and Philippines, you make lots of friends on those I’m told.

I don’t know Roarsome, but there’s some good ideas already posted.
Welcome to OFC :slightly_smiling_face:

I can vouch for that 1000 times over!!! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

Umm NO!!

2 Likes

Hi thanks for the suggestion

Thanks for the thought

@Harbal

Harbal, how would I know :roll_eyes:

Thank you for the welcome

You’re welcome :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hi Thanks for the suggestion. I have done some research but keep running up to breaks that are - well frankly for ‘older people’ and no disrespect intended at all but it just doesn’t fit me or if you are a male - sex tours! Given that an increasing slice of the population is now solo, doesn’t this register at all with tour operators? On a separate subject I have always wanted to visit South Africa

1 Like

Thanks. I will have a look

Eliza

Thanks for the suggestion. Aren’t you committed to a hotel if you go on a tour like that?

Pesta

Thanks. I’ll have a look at the advice and it’s good that people are trying to help