So difficult to lose weight as I age

This is fantastic work Bretrick and I’m well impressed… :+1:
I must admit when you first announced that you were going to do this I thought Yes, Yes, Yes…I’ve heard it all before…But you have surprised me… :astonished:
I take it all back…Well, most of it… :nerd_face:

Seriously though, well done… :clap:
Don’t get disheartened when, as months go by you will not lose so much weight. As you slim down and reach your Ideal weight it gets harder to lose those pounds Bretrick.
The most important thing is 'How do you feel?
On the one hand, your body will thank you for changing to a healthy diet and able to function better without the excess weight. But on the other hand, you are not getting the carbs for energy that your body is used to. Even bad carbs produce energy…
Good luck…

Thank you. What is required is will power to resist those treats. Many times over the preceding month I reached for the sweet biscuits but said no. Get serious.
It has not been as hard as I thought it would be.
I do buy a 40 gram chocolate occasionally instead of a 250 gram block. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well done Bretrick. That is brilliant!! :clap::clap:. I started at a slimming group, weighed in got all the books etc and came home determined to do it 100%.

Did exactly that and had nothing sweet, one slice of bread/toast a day, loads of fruit and veg and salad stuff. No alcohol, no crisps, no pastry. Went last week, weighed in and had lost just one pound! The woman in front of me said she had a good week apart from the weekend when she had several lagers and some nibbles. She lost 3 lbs.

All that effort for a measly pound. This week I was too fed up to go.

2 Likes

You need more alcohol and less food. :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t be discouraged.
Even though I shed 11lb, some days I would gain weight even though I had almost nothing to eat.
If you continue on your new regime the weight will eventually come off.
Persistence and will power will win the day.
As long as you eat food that you enjoy, your favourite fruit and veg then it should not be so difficult.
Give yourself a treat every now and then, just keep the portion small, ie, 50 gram chocolate instead of 200 grams.
I hope you will continue, we can encourage each other.
(I have to start work now so can not reply for at least 5 hours)

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:Noooo, alcohol is high in calories. You silly billy you. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

But, it stops you snacking coz you can’t be arsed to go to the Larder :grin:

1 Like

It’s not rocket science, just accounting…
Calories in, versus energy out…
:nerd_face:

1 Like

Hi B, if by “dickie joints” you’re referring to cartilage deterioration then the time to address it is NOW ! I would recommend you investigate using Glucosamine Hydrochloride of a good brand and at a dosage of around 1500 mg / day. It is considered to take 6-8 weeks to optimise.

IF it is a cartilage problem and you ignore it you WILL almost certainly eventually reach a point where you are rubbing bone to bone without any cushioning. The pain then is likely to be more than you will want to know about.

Probably consider Turmeric too as an anti-inflammatory & again it isn’t like an Aspirin - it wll take roughly 6-8 weeks to optimise.

1 Like

deleted out of context

I’m on steroids right now and honest I could eat a scabby donkey…finding it very difficult not to gain weight…blinking calories I hate them!!!

Well done on your efforts Bretrick…impressive :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had an Egg Custard, and, a Cream Horn last night, lets see what the scales have to say about that then!!

3 Likes

Show off :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm :frowning_face: the steroids are a toughy but a scabby donkey ? :open_mouth: NUP ! think I’d have to pass on that one :flushed:

1 Like

it depends on the marinade OldBloke… never look a gift horse…oops thats a different recipe…perhaps

2 Likes

Ah… now horse eh Crabby? Only ever had that once in my entire life many many years ago whilst working in Europe. A Frenchman at our company cooked it at our workplace much to the disgust of one other & I can still recall his response despite it being decades ago.

I’d have to say I’d still go for that in preference to summer’s little delicacy.

summer, sorry but I suspect you’ll have to eat it all by yourself. :laughing: :innocent:

1 Like

Just knock Ed’ and hooves off of that and it’ll do me…
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just don’t get/understand why it is so hard to loose weight. it is easy, get rid of husband/wife/ partner.

Hmm? & here was I thinking that it was only the ahem “exercise” that happened between husband/wife/ partner, that was keeping some of them slim. Perhaps I was mistaken. :innocent:

horizontal jogging which I think you are referring to only puts muscles on the thighs.

There is of course to old joke about a child watching their parents do this and asked why, to make him slimmer his wife said. Then saw the woman next door blowing him up again

1 Like