Snooker World Championship

Just bumped into each other. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I saw that. I have never been a fan of Ronnie despite the fact that he is/was an amazing player, He reminds me in some ways of Alex Ferguson, another man who thought he was bigger than the game that paid him. Both he and Ronnie have mastered the art of one upmanship. I was pleased to see him lose despite the his antics with his water bottle and the constant picking his teeth and digging into his ears and examine the contents on his finger nail, who was he trying to put off with all of that?:shock:

I watch via Eurosport German channel to avoid endless BBC drivel…

This championship has seen a few Chinese who look like they could get to the final in a few years… Gary Wilson and David Gilbert, two not expected to get to semi-finals, are playing well against Judd Trump and John Higgins.

Snooker is a game, not a Sport, it is good watching games, and watching sports, sometimes games are more lucrative than sports.

How the prize money is divided:
Winner: £500,000
Runner-up: £20,000
Semi-final: £100,000
Quarter-final: £50,000
Last 16: £30,000
Last 32: £20,000
Last 48: £15,000
Last 80: £10,000
Televised highest break: £10,000
Maximum break: £50,000

Did not know the prize money went down so far, accept your point of view spitfire.

Possibly the best final ever, certainly the highest scoring. Juddd Trump a worthy winner.

Yep, had a bit of everything, nice to see a bit of flamboyance creeping back in.

:frowning:

This year could be played behind closed doors or postponed and delayed until later in the year.

Perhaps they will take it to China this year as they will be corona
free by then it seems?

Donkeyman!

Watching some footage of previous finals. :frowning:

The qualifying rounds were due to run from April 8 to 15 at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield, followed by the final stages from April 18 to May 4 at the Crucible Theatre.

Provisionally moved to end of July.

This year’s Championship started with a few spectators, now playing behind closed doors. Commentators think we may see some closer matches because players are more relaxed and playing better snooker.

The two fastest players on the tour playing.

Ronnie O’Sullivan against Thai qualifier Thepchaiya Un-Nooh.

Nine frame session could be over in under an hour. First frame to Ronnie in under five minutes.

The rocket in the second round took 8 frames, the Thai player managed to get one.

:049: Snooker.

John Higgins and Matthew Stevens play to finish. Higgins leading 8-5.

Whoever called snooker ‘chess with balls’ was rude, but right.

Is Lisowski going to be the next ‘nearly man’…the next best player never to win a major title???..I think so.

He had chances against McGill after winning frames to get level, just inconsistent and poor shot choices in the final frame.