Six Years on

Of course it is.
We have some of the best universities in the world, yet here we are with politicians (many of whom have been to top universities) apparently unable to think ahead and make the correct decisions.
Perhaps they have a one-track mind: “How much money can I make from this job?”

Hi

I was not very bothered about dumping the Single Market or Customs Union.

That was the old Common Market.

It had many advantages.

The EU is a very different animal and not for me.

2 Likes

Aha! The move to attract the muslim votes seems not to be working, so let’s try a different tack!

2 Likes

Yes I am, but I am prepared to vary my interests occasionally when things are presented to me.

What a silly sod who doesn’t know the difference between criticism and comparison also OGF was waffling on about drilling to the Earth’s core when there is no chance of that happening ever.

Thermal energy is a source of heat but very hard to tap successfully we have to use it where it comes to us

I’m beginning to agree with you - very worrying :grin:

1 Like

Deleted.

It’s not necessary to drill the earths core Bruce as well you know.
Here in South Yorkshire we have one of the deepest coal mines in the UK, only Thorne has a deeper coal mine than Hatfield Main as the seam gradually sinks below the north sea and finally returning to the surface in Germany.
It was joked in the second world war that miners were not helping the war effort by remaining in the pits instead of being required to fight. But the mine was so deep that it was said they were stealing Hitlers coal…
It was also hot down there, and this heat could be utilised and pumped to the surface to heat homes. Not so expensive as it happens. Because hot water rises, it would need very little help to reach the surface.
Also…Back in 1959 the biggest coal fired power station in Europe was built. Imagine the wasted heat from the cooling towers that could have also been used to heat homes in the village. Who would have thought that a coal fired power station could be more planet friendly than we have been led to believe, and there is still enough coal in the ground round here to keep a power station running for over a thousand years.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it was, you did.