Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies aged 89

Still dreaming … :?:

Back to topic shall we . .

Does anyone remember when Roger Moore used to play “The Saint”?

Yes but before my time Mups. It was Ian Ogilvy in the 70’s when I used to watch it :cool:

Brilliant! I remember mainly kids in the cinema and they all loved it.

I remember him in The Saint Mups (not that Ogilvy imposter) :lol:. I remember the tune too. 'Do do do do do dooo… do, do, do, do, do, do… etc.

I preferred Danger Man with Patrick McGoohan

Omah, l read that Roger Moore had died in the Daily Mail online, this morning too! I had forgotten he had died two years ago!
He had it all, he was handsome, suave, a charmer, a lovely smile and seemed a real genuine man.

I didn’t realise his flash sports car was a Volvo until l saw it. It didn’t look so impressive when l saw it at the Classic Car And Moterbike Exhibition, a few years ago at the NEC.

Longy, l loved how he used to glance up at his halo at the end of the tune.

Me too, and “Man In A Suitcase” was a “cool” alternative :

Roger Moore death tributes sweep social media…two years after he died

By Frank Yemi

2nd May 2019 8:26 AM ET

©ImageCollect.com/Landmark-Media

It appeared that Sir Roger Moore had died for a second time yesterday — after death tributes swept across Facebook and Twitter.

The legendary actor, best known for playing James Bond, died two years ago. However, many fans of the British actor seem to have just discovered that he is dead.

It is unclear why the actor’s death began trending on social media but many accounts ended up sharing the link to a 2017 BBC obituary announcing Sir Roger’s death.

The 2017 article announcing Roger Moore’s death first began circulating on Facebook. Some users revealed that a news app began circulating the old BBC report, which is why many believe Roger Moore’s death recently occurred.

So it wasn’t only me that was “beguiled” … :037:

In other news. The Berlin Wall has finally been toppled. :wink:

STOP PRESS
Henry VIII dies 452 years ago today!
R.I.P. Henry. My condolences to your late wive(s) :022:

I was a great fan of The Saint, Mups and thought Roger Moore was perfect for the role. However I never thought he suited the part of James Bond at all.

So can the airlift be run down … :?:

You’ve been misled - it was 28 January 1547 - 472 years ago:wink:

Oh no! Merkel will get in

We’ve been throwing money at them for the last 47 years instead.

IIRC, it was coal and candy during the airlift … :!:

I remember his white Volvo P1800 - a great machine. On par with JB’s Aston Martin DB 5.