Sir Paul McCartney

Just watched a some of this he is marvellous to be still doing gigs like this at 80.
But the old Beatles voice has gone with age and inevitability.
Still at least everyone knows the words .

2 Likes

He is exactly the same as all the other old performers and he should know when enuf is enuf. I heard a little of what he had on offer and I cringed.

MIck & Keef are no better either!

4 Likes

Sir Paul at 80 his voice has faded but he’s still rocking it
Hurrah :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Leo Sayer lives near me in the Souther Highlands of NSW and still performs occasionally, or at least he did until recently. he must be in his mid 70s.

I’ve never liked Paul McCartney or The Beatles, I never saw the appeal…ducks from all the flying shoes Seriously though, nope, I just never enjoyed the music. I think I am the only person from my era who doesn’t like them/him

1 Like

I was talking to my friend last night in the pub (he just got back as tech lead for the UK leg of the YES tour) who was telling me some interesting facts about the gear used at Glastonbury (we know people who were working there on the McCartney slot on Saturday night which is how we came to know about this).

In half an hour there was over 500 lights rigged onto the truss and hoisted into the roof of the pyramid stage - thats 500 moving heads, unloaded from the flight case, connected, cabled, powered, programmed and then zipped up into the roof by 150 people in less than half an hour. In addition nd while this was all going on, all backline removed from High Flying Birds, amps, drums, mic stands, mics etc and all McCartneys gear moved in, cabled, connected to the desk, checked and ready for his performance. As well as that, the desk used for High Flying Birds was loaded out and McCartney’s desks (front of house and monitors) cabled, checked, moved into place and ready for the show.

Unbelievable skills from the crew.

2 Likes

Here is the amount of (mostly) non-recyclable waste left behind by the caring climate change activists, who recently clapped and cheered Greta Thunberg who flew over to tell them to change the way they live to save the planet.

This is the level of hypocrisy of these twats who turn up and leave all their crap behind while virtue signalling the (so called) climate crisis.

By the way, for all the vegans at Glastonbury, please bear in mind you were on a working dairy farm you hypocricitcal tossers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-27/glastonbury-clean-up-crew-kick-into-action-after-sun-soaked-festival

7 Likes

My God…Brilliant Bread…
:+1:
By the way, I heard that Dianna Ross was exceptional…I tuned in for ten minutes and couldn’t believe what I was hearing…
:woozy_face:

1 Like

We preferred the Hollies.

Me neither. For me it was The Stones.

1 Like

Choose any one of those sixties and seventies groups and they were 1000 times better than the rubbish today…

6 Likes

Whilst I agree with your choice, they really should accept when age has finally taken it’s toll on both body and voice.

3 Likes

Totally agree.

1 Like

Too right .

1 Like

Well she was pretty exceptional - ‘was’ being the operative word here, referring to a few decades ago. Now she is exceptionally cringeworthy and should hang up her mic for good.

3 Likes

Last hour or so of Macca’s show was worth all the rest.
His voice may not be as strong as it was, maybe Tom Jones is the only one who can get away with that, or Mick, but he was on stage and performing for 2½ hours, so stamina is still pretty good.

And Ross? I thought she was way better than she was at the Jubbly, and she enjoyed herself, and the audience loved her, it was a joy to watch.

Well I was singing along anyway!

1 Like

I had three older sisters, their favs were some of the other groups at the time,Bachelors, Billy Fury, and of course Elvis, eldest brother was a stones man. Personally I’ve never raved over their music.

Is it a money thing that keeps them going ? ego’s ? what is it ?

Jeeze, this place, does anyone ever stop complaining!!!

3 Likes

Not the money, but to my way of thinking, it’s the build up to and including the performance. Keef has a somewhat desirable property (moated Redlands, grade II listed) not far from my gaff and it’s ideal as a retreat. He is a little younger than me and having been inside Redlands, I can understand why he bought the place as I would like to own it. He’s burnt it down a couple of times, but always returns when he feels the need.