Sir Paul McCartney

I suppose when you’ve spent most of your adult life performing in front of people it must be hard to stop.I wouldn’t pay actual money to see it though.

2 Likes

loved the scene of McCartney singing with Lennon on big screen - magic - shurrup!

Looks nice I have a friend who lives in west wittering the small road gets very busy during the summer .

1 Like

Busy is an understatement Muddy. The A286 (Bridham Straight) into the B2179 in a nightmare as soon as the summer weather arrives.

I swore I wouldn’t post again, but it’s worth doing so in order to rub the old codgers’ (on here) noses in Simon Kelner’s excellent piece. He’s got it absolutely right imo…

Sorry for going off topic but, buy an electric motor, and have a smart meter installed, and get your electric rationed…They are already talking about turning off the power in times of high demand…Well done everyone who got suckered into having a smart meter, saving power so I can still have a full English in the mornings…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

This has been obvious since smart meters first hit the domestic consumer. I refuse to have one fitted and until the law changes, which it eventually will, I’m sticking with my dumb meters.

2 Likes

Would you like to explain how having a smart meter is being ‘suckered’ ?

If you can’t figure it out Muddy you probably don’t understand how you will be affected.

Your expected answer OGF when pressed you never actually explain your statements do you ?

Well ask the bloke from British Gas because you won’t believe owt’ that I say…Or we will be shuffling it back and forth until the cows come home…Lifes too short…

I don’t have gas my house like many rural properties it is all electric .
The fact is why make statements that you can’t actually explain ?
Its a simple question what danger does a smart meter post and who is being suckered ?
Or is this just another one of your unsupported conspiracy theories ?

OHF in all seriousness old mucker ; old mate ; old pal I do believe that Muddy really does want to know the answer to that one in all seriousness

Back to the topic, Sir Paul. He wasn’t very good & the band/backing singers drowned him out a lot of the time, but he is who he is & it didn’t matter, because the audience sang anyway.
Diana was better, but even her voice not as good as it was.
Tom Jones to me still sounds good, but I don’t think Welsh people who can sing do lose it as they get older, look at Shirley Bassey.

2 Likes

Another oldie favourite of many, is Elton John.
Like him or loathe him and his flambouyancy when he was younger, he made some darn good music back in the day.

I read only the other day, that he has got his final tour coming up. 300 appearances he is doing - and he is 75 hrs old now.

At least he has said this will be his grande finale. When its all done, he is finished. Sensible man, I thought.

2 Likes

At the risk of repeating myself, read this thread where everything I mentioned has been explained…Do keep up Muddy and Gummy…

Energy: SMART Meters

While mulling through some of these old posts I found this little jem uttered by Bruce to Realist…

Bruce

Sep '18

As with most of your outpourings - totally at odds with available evidence.
I bet you are eating those words now Bruce…

Why would I do that? As stated:

I don’t believe that there were sanctions on Russia at that time nor was Russia invading Ukraine.

Come on OGF you will have to do better than that. You’re showing signs of desperation.

As I can’t find a thread on here from yesterday why should I find one from 2014 ?
Nope not convinced .
Water meters BTW save people money and I expect smart meters do too.

The conflict in Ukraine is just a good excuse the government can use to justify the rise in energy prices. It hides their inaptitude to efficiently supply the country with utilities. And also, as Meg posted on the other thread, who do you think is paying for the rollout of smart meters?