Single or married?

Is that a relationship, or a split personality. :biking_man:

Married for 54+yrs and never regretted a single day. I married my bandā€™s lead singer, my blondie, and she proposed to me. She became my lead singer at 16 (I was 21) and a year later we became engaged and married the year following that. We have four fantastic daughters (one of whom was adopted after fostering as a new-born) and I would not change anything in my married life.

4 Likes

Well done LD what a lovely post :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am married but - feeling a bit morbid - there will be a day coming when one or the other of us is alone .

1 Like

I lived with someone for 37 years, she died 3 years ago.
We made two major mistakes.
We did not get married which we really should have done when she became ill.
The second she did not leave a will.
Common law, cohabiting couples, call it what you will, have very few rights and the death of a partner can cause all sorts of problems.

That is such an awful thing we all have to face as time forever marches onwards and to ease things as much as possible for the one left alone, we as a couple have sorted everything (wills etc) as much as we can even down to prepaid funerals with full instructions left with the nominated undertaker via Age UK. I know its a really selfish thing to say, but I hope Iā€™m the first to go and at 5 yrs my wifeā€™s senior, I fully expect to go first. I think I would simply wither and fail to thrive without my darling by my side. . . gawd, why TF did I start writing this, now Iā€™m feeling morbid too ā€¦time to log-off me thinx

1 Like

Married but given the stresses and demands of careers and jobs and chores and activities and children and their demands and activities, we are little more than the proverbial ships in the night at times. It is almost as if we live as flatmates who happen to get along exceedingly well.
Can make for fun sometimes when we finally do get an opportunity to just be us now and thenā€¦almost like it is new and exciting each time

2 Likes

I have been thinking on the subject. Being happily married for over 50 years apart from the obvious, it also gives support to each other and share whatever happens. To me those who never having been married may not finding a partner that easy. In my own family one of my sons is in this category so spends most of his time computer programming . Going on holiday by oneself is not my idea of a work break .

2 Likes

Have now been married 42 years and still going.

3 Likes

Neitherā€¦
I am a widowā€¦
I am not single by choice, it was foisted upon me suddenly and unexpectedly several years agoā€¦

1 Like

My wife and I were married in '62. She was 18 and I was 21, She had her 80th birthday last week. Our relationship is still as strong as ever. We obviously have our disagreements now and then but thatā€™s all part of any long term relationships married or not. We just agree to disagree and move on.

2 Likes

Married at 18 , divorced at 30 , re married at 34 in 1989 and still very happy with my other half ,even tho im his full time carer hes my soul mate
Hes my little love :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Should a man have 2 wives? what about in bed with a wife on either side. When the man falls asleep the two wives can carry on chatting

Married twice. The first started change strange behaviour - and not in a very nice way. Bizarre is the best way I can explain it. It was difficult for me and for the kids. Then she decided to ask for a divorce. The divorce lawyer suggested that it was not sound grounds but by then Iā€™d had enough. It was another six years before the ex completed itā€¦!!

I have since remarried very happily 24 years.

Married to the same person for 47 years .

3 Likes

Married to the same person for 52 years

2 Likes

I am married, we got wed 55 years ago in August.

Good question.
How about a woman having two husbands - this has inspired me!

1 Like

Iā€™ve had two, but not at the same time :rofl:
The current incumbent is in the dog house at the moment, roll on number three :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

a young couples wedding night and anticipation was in the air. Quickly the young man got into bed and watched his new wife getting prepared to do the same
. First of al she removed her makeup - took off her false eyelashes- removed her wig- took out her false teeth and removed her padded bra to reveal her true body.
By this time the young man just could not believe the rigmarole he was watching. So in frustration he said to her ā€œWhen you get to the bit I am interested in just throw it overā€