Show me your favourite Photo that you took yourself?

5 years ago I pulled up at a river bank. Upon exiting my car a flash of blue caught my eye. Sitting there for a while I saw a Kingfisher. Then I saw two. Camera at the ready I waited until they were close enough together to get them in the one photo.

5 Likes

sorry i got 2 favourite photos i took myself
Swan on ballyalla lake ennis county clare

or this a seagull perched on a post at spanish point clare

7 Likes

Home. Snapped from the Shard

That dirty old river it runs through my veins….

3 Likes

This must have been taken around ten years ago

It was the 27th of December, I thought it would be a good idea to take a short train trip and get outdoors after the Christmas celebrations and indulgences.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you fot sharing where you live. :slightly_smiling_face:

Beautiful, thank you for sharing. :slightly_smiling_face:

I quite like this tube station sign through the motion blur …

4 Likes

These people waiting to dash across the road, the harsh light & shadows.

4 Likes

The story of my life …And endless roads to run down…Was a Time… :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

my wife loves her clematis when in full flower

5 Likes

I often see Kingfishers darting across the canal in front of our boat but I’ve never managed to capture one in a photo.

Here’s a couple of other water birds which I have had time to photograph on our travels -
A moorhen feeling brave enough to hop on our boat to pinch some of my breakfast bran flakes

A pair of swans nibbling the edge of our boat and demanding food

And here’s a very rare UK sighting of a pair of fridge-nesting penguins I discovered one Christmas-time when I opened my fridge door! :upside_down_face: :rofl:

6 Likes

Beady little eyes plotting and planning something for the green pesto?

2 Likes

This is definitely one of my favourite photos if not the favourite one.

6 Likes

Cats Always know who’s in charge…

6 Likes

I’m quite into taking photographs. Not the technicalities of shots but more the subjects. I think many of them are not too bad and it’s hard to pick a favourite. Maybe this one is up there…

Someone on another forum said it was kind of like a Windows 95 Desktop wallpaper image. It is a bit I suppose.

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

1 Like

It looks brilliant to me Mart and makes me wish the summer was on it’s way…I’m sick of the cold and rain already and it’s only just November…

2 Likes

Me too OGF. I definitely feel the cold more as I’ve got older. The photo was taken in Bodenwerder, Germany. Here’s a link to a page containing the Windows 95 Desktops as they were back then…

Windows 95 Desktop Backgrounds - Wallpaper Cave

2 Likes

Looking over the fields towards the beach.

7 Likes