Shetland. New Series

Shetland is back next week on BBC1 for those of you who follow the Series. I’m glad it’s back, I really enjoy it. It’s a detective with a difference. It’s also strange seeing a lot of the places I know, especially in and around Lerwick.

Shetland season 6 | release date, cast, filming, episodes, plot - Radio Times

2 Likes

I love this series.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to it, but I hope they do not flood the dialogue with loud music. Also the dark scenes are not so dark, definition is somewhat iffy. I’m fed up with having to rely on sub titles for English speaking series.

Thanks Rox , I will be glued to it .

Me too. :+1:

Thanks for the info, Rox. I am not a fan of police drama, but started watching this because I liked Douglas Henshall from Primeval & then I got hooked on it. Beautiful scenery, acting & good story lines.

1 Like

Did you see him in the Mini TV Series “The Secret of Crickley Hall” He was terrifying in it.
2b565e52bcbd0619336fde75e60818fe2cf768f4

2 Likes

No, I didn’t see that series. But I couldn’t get enough of Primeval, I love Sci-fi & fantasy. Particularly the creatures in those TV series/films.

I enjoyed Primeval at the start, but as it wore on the people changed, I went off it.

A very good first episode of Shetland. The scenery as always is stunningly beautiful. This program is so much better & more believable than Midsummer Murders or Death In Paradise.

2 Likes

Definitely a very good first episode and the producers seem to have improved the sound quality along with less darkness to the dimmer scenes for easier viewing.

2 Likes

I recorded it but haven’t seen it yet. Waiting untill Himself can see it too, as it’s one of the very few programmes he actually likes.

2 Likes

It’s got rather grim now!

1 Like

Sheeezzzzee what an ending. Hope the next series is not too long away. :scream: :astonished:

1 Like

Sure was a cliff hanging finish. :icon_eek: :astonished: :anguished: :scream: :confounded: :policeman: :policewoman:
Next year for the next series.

You know, I just knew that there was something fishy about that letter she wanted posted, but I didn’t think it would be anything like that. What a pure nasty mare she was.

2 Likes

She was evil wasn’t she & sadly she got away with it, even in death. Just hope it turns out OK, but we have to wait to find out. I hate it when they leave things in the air like that.
They’ve done it to several series I’ve been watching.

What a cow!
And what a cliffhanger!

I didn’t really understand why Jimmy was arrested even after the other chap had given himself up

This last episode took me all my time to keep up , because i think i missed the last series , or had a memory lasp on the murdered girl who was buried on the moor , then did i blink when Sister got killed, so many charactors .
Think i will watch from the beginning again , it will flow better , rather than weekly episodes …

Spoiler alert

But what a cliff hanger its finished on . Perez, Duncan both witjh their reputations on the line .
And Tosh is she or isnt she ?
And DC Sandy Wilson , well will he finally confess to his leak to the press .
Next year it could be they all get their marching orders and a new cast at Shetlands are taking over …

He covered up what Duncan had done. Teling him to put the mug in the sink as his finger prints would be on it & to make it look like he’d just removed it when he found her body.