Serious problems with flu shot safety and effectiveness

It’s only four flu strains or three if you’re over 65.

The pneumococcal vaccine protects against 23 strains.

I have a corporate jab but if I had to pay I would still have it.

I’ve got an appointment to get mine on Nov 9th.

Excellent, thanks.

Which one did you get Julie? i.e. Vaccine name?

I’d tell you if I had kept the slip but it went out with the rubbish earlier realist.

OK

Was 73 so was told to have a flu jab have a few problems with my chest because I smoked at younger age.

First jab no problems except for an slightly arm ache.

Second time the next year was end of October.

Felt a bit rough for the rest of the month but at end of Nov came down with the Flu and for 5 days could not get out of bed to even drink some water( I live alone)

Over my life have had the flu 3 times.

First was the Asian flu at when I was 15(1957) and was very ill for three days but was told
because I did not die,(which a lot of people did) and had built up an immune system against it

Second was in 1997when I was dying for three days but got over it was very mild.

Third time was two years ago was after this flu jab I was told to take… I felt slightly ill for a month which got worse over the 6 weeks until i was laid up for 5/6 days in December worst flu ever experinced

What I have since taken was a Pneumonia jab which last for five years which at our age is a bigger killer.

PS Antibiotics has no effect against Colds or Flu but will be effected against Pneumonia

It sounds similar to my experience Galty, Joined a company in 1972 and we were all sent for a flu jab in November.
I had the worst bout of flu just a couple of weeks later.
Since then I have declined the offer of a flu jab and only once have suffered with the flu but fortunately survived…:cool:

Really important this.

Your body’s automatic immune response to things like flu and various diseases is absolutely key. It is THE STRONGEST defence mechanism you can get.

The antibodies created by flu vaccines are nothing like as strong as those the body creates for itself when battling the true condition.

When we were young, parents inherently knew that the best thing their kids could do, was to actually get a bout of measles, mumps and or chicken pox. In fact they encouraged kids to play and mingle together so they would catch these things. They knew that the strong immunity the body would subsequently acquire was second to none and would protect the child for the rest of their life.

By comparison the rather pathetic antibodies created as a result of flu vaccines last almost no time at all and so people keep having to go back for more flu shots . . . . how very convenient for the vaccine manufacturers!!

Personally I’d be ready and willing to get a bout of flu so I can get the strongest immunity going forward. People’s fears about dying from flu are frankly MASSIVELY out of proportion. Too many people harp on about their underlying range of conditions but the TRUTH is that the number of people dying from flu each year in the UK is around 400, out of some 65 million people !! The odds are staggeringly against you dying from flu.

Taking a flu vaccine with its cocktail of awful ingredients is to my mind absolute insanity. The current vaccine contains the awful adjuvant MF59.1 which is based on Squalene, the same substance that is reputed to have been in the Anthrax vaccines of soldiers in the Gulf War and which many believe were the cause of Gulf War Syndrome and a raft of other horrible life changing conditions.

I want to build up my immune system naturally and keep it strong, not damage it with cocktails of poisons !

I’m wondering if that was pre dead virus and they injected you with the live virus, I seem to recall my dad going down with flu after a flu jab back then, just can’t happen with modern jab, well unless you pick something up at the surgery, the hacking from some people there yesterday sounded like they were trying to bring up a lung ! :shock:

It takes about two weeks from the vaccine being administered to building immunity, I think some people pick up a virus in that time and wrongly attribute their illness to the vaccination.
Also there is a tendancy for people to call every respiratory tract virus ‘flu’ when it is something else entirely.

That makes sense.

Well that’s the point/problem really. Having the vaccine leaves your immune system struggling which makes you far more susceptible to catching any flu around you that you come into contact with. And that’s quite aside from the ILI’s (Influenza Like Illnesses) you will likely acquire after having the flu shot.

Not quite imo. Yes, they wrongly attribute it as a DIRECT result of the vaccination itself, but they unknowingly rightly attribute it to the vaccine as it happens as an INDIRECT result via the vaccine compromising their immune system.

In short, if they hadn’t had the flu shot then their immune system would have been stronger and would have fought off any colds/viruses. Having had the flu shot their immune system is stretched (both through being poisoned with nasty chemicals and through being made to create antibodies for the inactivated flu virus in the vaccine).

That’s why ILI’s (Influenza Like Illnesses) are extremely common in people after flu shots.

Up to the first two weeks following vaccination people are not protected from flu.

I always hope there’s a bit of protection left from the year before.

We had our enhanced flu jabs this morning.

I don’t know why we have to put up with this ridiculous argument every year.

We are all intelligent adults who are capable of making our own decision about whether we need it or not and to me, that seems the best way as we all know the level of risk that getting flu could cause to ourselves.

You can obtain anti-viral drugs, which are extremely expensive & would certainly give the pharmaceutical companies a huge financial return… even if only a small percentage of people need it. The problem is that may be the only way to save peoples lives if they don’t have the flu jab.

Can I suggest that " Flu Jabs" become a banned topic next year, because we are all capable of making our own decision & I doubt that any member of this forum has sufficient medical knowledge to make an decision for anyone unless they have seen that persons medical records & understood them.

If we can’t ban it, then perhaps we should insist that it goes into a section like the " Cheeky Chat section", where only those who are looking for it will find it & we wont have this stupid discussion every year!:shock:

LOL I want to agree but I like a reminder of why I do it. Just listening to the doom sayer each year makes me more certain I need one :mrgreen:

I need one too Julie, but perhaps we could just remind each other by PM.:mrgreen: