Seaside Resorts

Yes Brighton is very vibrant, I lived there for ten years right in the centre by the station, probably a bit too vibrant for me these days. Quadrophenia has become a bit of a cult film, of course there’s always this old classic.

Eastbourne is far more laid back, much more my cup of tea.

It will be a mega change moving to East Dunbartonshire, right on the West Highland Way. Loads of outdoor activities, excellent fishing on the Clyde and River Kelvin as well as other bodies of water. Glasgow’s a terrific place for shopping, eating out and generally doing stuff!

1 Like

We live within striking distance of most of the mid south coast resorts. They can mostly be visited on a day-out basis. Brighton has been a regular one, as has Littlehampton and Wittering. Certainly Portsmouth and Southsea. Loads of photographs taken over the years. Here are a few…

HMS Warrior, Portsmouth Harbour

Me and the tribe in our younger days. All in their fifties now…

Littlehampton, River Arun estuary. In the distance along the railings are Mrs mart and a friend.

3 Likes

Nice pictures Mart, I haven’t been on The HMS Warrior for years, must put it on the things to do list.
The Arun estuary gets very, very tidal as I remember , defo wouldn’t want to fall in!

A trip to the top of the Spinnaker is worthwhile.

1 Like

Yep…defo, as is a trip on the sun deck of the catamaran to Ryde :slightly_smiling_face:
Even better if it’s a case of staying over for a few days before returning :+1:

1 Like

We have done the Isle of Wight on a day out (to and from Portsmouth by train) but it was a rush. We said we’d spend a few days there but haven’t done it yet. I hope we will. This is a photo of Portsmouth taken from the Isle of Wight. Lots of lens zoom…

2 Likes

repulse bay HK hotel HK - preferred the original

(Share https://youtu.be/I-2RgJgYIko)

Some great pictures of the South Coast Chilli and Mart.
Spent some time down in Plymouth while working there for six months. Mrs Fox came down for a week and we borrowed the works van and saw the sights. As a courier I visited both Brighton and Eastbourne and enjoyed both, even though I only stopped for the day and had to move on to another job. I remember walking along the clifftops to beachy head? I think…A beautiful day and I always said I would return for a longer stay with Mrs Fox…I had better do it before I can’t drive that far…Must get a car first though…
:thinking:

2 Likes