Scottish Tablet

Absolutely JBR. I love fudge as well but this Scottish Tablet is just perfect!

Thank you! I love experimenting! I’ll try this Scottish Black Bun! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ooh yes please.
:clap:

You won’t find many people on the entire continent eating those things @Minx , so enjoy making and eating them and amaze your friends and family with something they will never have had before.
When you tell people that Scottish macaroon has potato in it for example it usualy surprises them.
:grin:

2 Likes

Off topic, I know, but one day I’d like to try a deep-fried Mars bar.
I’ve never seen one, to be honest, but that just makes me more inquisitive.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to try it out :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes! That will be a conversation starter!
I’ve only ever made Scotch Crumpets and Scotch Eggs!

It’s interesting to learn about all your other traditional recipes/food.

1 Like

That sounds interesting! I’ll have to Google it :slightly_smiling_face:

Scotland isn’t just about haggis you see and despite what I’m going to post next, it isn’t all about sweet things either although we Scots do have a sweet tooth.
I’m not going to disrupt your thread any further by keep suggesting naughty recipes for you, but I had to give you one of my sister’s all-time favourites and it’s an easy but delicious dessert IMHO:

3 Likes

Oh my word! Classic cranachan would make a lovely Christmas dinner dessert!

So many new recipes to try out! Yay! I’m in heaven!

:026:

3 Likes

Oh yes, it’s a beaut.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I thought that you might like to know that when you cross the border from England into Scotland, you can buy tablet usually in little 100g/4oz bags made by lots of small makers from the petrol stations and little shops all over Scotland.
Even the bigger supermarkets once you’re in Scotland nearly all sell tablet in bags or/and boxes.

1 Like

That’s an interesting fact! I’ll definitely exclude the vanilla next time so it’s truly authentic. Thank you for the tip!

It’s been a wonderful afternoon and I’ve come away with more recipes to try!

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

100% well done have to agree about missing out on vanilla but for a virgin tablet maker thats fantastic dont know about anyone else but I think tablet and fudge are totally different things
What was bottom of pot like ??? no burn marks
As with most things people come up with easier ways of making things and I now make tablet in microwave
however well done I’m very impressed and guessing mines in the post

3 Likes

The bottom of the pot before I wash up - I just rinsed it with water though :slightly_smiling_face:

Definitely no Vanilla extract in future! That was fun :slightly_smiling_face:

fantastic and mine is ???

Are you eating your hat then? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words

Express delivery on the way :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

did I say I would? just dont eat to much or

3 Likes

:rofl:

Nope, I’m going to make up some bags and hand them out on my afternoon walk actually. It’s way too much!

1 Like

I honestly feel flattered as most people say something yet have no intention of doing it next up lobster thermidor :rofl::heart:

2 Likes

I’m not most people :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok, you catch the lobster and I’ll do the Thermidor :smiley:

1 Like

believe it or not I actually got another today …Where’s my bicycle :bike:

1 Like