Scotland's Bid for Independence

Sounds like some jobsworth had decided that you are not longer scottish.

My late Mother, a Dempster from Birth, and with all of the Kilts & Tartan, to go with it, was told something similar after marrying & living in England…!
Hard to understand why!

You are what you are born. Unless you want something different.

The Union flag means nothing to me as Wales is not represented on it just the crosses of St George and St Andrew.

little countries arguing?? - did you know that once WA wanted to break away from the rest of Oz and I think UK can fit into it Oz approx 10.4 times? well WA is the powerhouse of Oz and provides all its financial gains almost! - so lets all stick together - it is safer in the end especially with Russia breathing down ya neck??

The Union Flag traces its roots to 1606 when it was originally called the Flag of Great Britain. King James VI of Scotland had inherited the thrones of England and Ireland in 1603, becoming James I, and united the thrones of England, Scotland, and Ireland, in a personal union.

However, Wales had already been conquered by England in the 13th century. Originally ruled by the Romans in its early history, England and Wales were seen as a single unit. By the time the Romans left Britain, Wales became an independent state with their own system of law.

However, during the Norman invasion of Wales in the 11th Century, English law was practised in certain areas of the country. By 1283, under the leadership of Prince Edward, the biggest army ever seen in England invaded and conquered Wales, bringing it under English rule.

Therefore, a few hundred years later when England was to be joined in the union with Scotland and Ireland, Wales was already part of “England”, and thus was not represented in the new union’s flag.

1 Like

seems a pity and perhaps a continual thorn in the side of??

Dunno…But Anyone who knows anything about Me on this Site will know that the Union flag means bugger-all to Me either, :wink:

1 Like

Absolute joke! How dare they even say this with a straight face!

A) Nicola will tell them where to shove their clippers

B) Maybe they are trying to deflect from scrutiny of themselves and

C) I hope the First Minister redoubles her efforts to get us away from this horrendous pair of…of…erm…insert scottish insult of choice

1 Like

Oooo,don’t tempt Me as I don’t like Name calling,I’ll just leave that to those two tory ‘bampots’ and say both o’ ‘Their bums are oot the windae’
:wink:

2 Likes

Clearly this is the two leadership candidates seeking support from the (few) tories in Scotland. The tories hate the SNP and Sturgeon. But the only way to ‘clip the wings’ of the Scottish first minister and the majority SNP party is to change the devolution structure. Well that is only going to give rise to more support for independence. Which shows how truly ignorant these two tory candidates are.

2 Likes

I was correct :joy: there is quite a welcome waiting for the toxic ones in Perth tonight. Stand by for turbulence. :joy:

2 Likes

Lol,…Methinks there will have been a check to make sure there’s a back door at the Concert Hall so They can both sneak out a la bumbling Boris,
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well let’s hope the people of Perth are also aware of this, and gather round to provide the appropriate round of slapping clapping as they deserve.

1 Like

Oh they will, I just wish I was down at my own house just now, Me n Dageus would certainly be out that way for our evening walk, camera as well.

1 Like

From what I’m reading on BBC News…there is nothing positive coming out of their mouths regarding what good they would do for Scotland. Its all “I would take on Sturgeon” or “Make Scotland accountable” :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Nothing new there then!

I read a few days ago that Truss wants to take back powers from Scotland, she certainly likes to dance with danger, not a good idea at all…Silly wee woman, needs a good boot up the behind. IMO. :rage::rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

What EXACTLY does she mean by saying she wants to scrutinise our FM? Who the hell does she think she is? Does she want a war with Scotland she’s certainly heading that way.
From the Perth Hustling just now. :angry:

1. Whoever wins the Tory leadership will immediately face demands from the SNP for an independence referendum to be held in October next year
  2. Both candidates have vocally opposed another vote - known as indyref2
  3. And they are both also calling for greater scrutiny of Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP’s record
  4. The SNP says neither candidate is providing solutions to the cost of living crisis and either in Downing Street would boost support for independence
1 Like

Its all deflection. They know the main party which requires “scrutiny” is them! So by attempting to redirect the focus onto us, well…yeah, love to see how that pans out for you Liz. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So she says that the UK had the democratic right to vote to leave the EU, but somehow we in Scotland don’t have the democratic right to leave the UK :thinking:

to coin another phrase - " there are opinions ; damned opinions and just damned lies!!"