Sarah Everard

Doesn’t work the way you think Pauline . Police don’t do the identifying . They go to the family and say " A body has been found etc."
She was found naked so how would the police recognise her ? Perhaps her face was unrecognisable?
Everyone following the search knew what she was wearing , from the photos out in the media . Her family wouldn’t know what she was wearing that night tho , they live in Yorkshire her in London .
I would guess all the continueing searches are for her clothing etc.

The report from police from Dame Cressida Dick said officers searching an area near Ashford had “found, very sadly, what appears to be human remains”.

That did not sound like a complete identifiable body IMO.

I think you’re leaning towards macabre now Annie but you could be right although I don’t think CD would want to distress the family more than they would already be. A decomposing body = human remains ?

Yes, I just looked that up, if the family are unable to, then they do what is being done in this case, family identification ,just speeds the process up…one cannot imagine the Hell her parents must be going through.

I mean,they can’t even grieve quietly can they,with what’s going on all around them.:-(…

Absolute nightmare!!..

Truly it is . All those lives now blighted by the deed of one man( and a family man at that ,what about his children ? ) and shall we say a young woman in the wrong place at the wrong time . So many “ if onlys” in there I think .

I was thinking those thoughts also, Zuleika…so very sad.:frowning:

It could be that the bag was ripped open by foxes etc.

Perhaps .
His outward appearance gave off as being a man respected for his calm by work colleagues , likeability and helpfulness from his neighbours . From photos he looked quite pleasant .
Yet inside he must have had quite awful things going on ?
Did he want a fumble in the car ?Surely he’d know he wouldn’t get away with that tho ?
Did he kill her accidentally ? Only his version to be told ?
That’s if he doesn’t do away with himself ?

I wonder why they are taking so long to go to trial. Covid restrictions?

Apart from the dotting the i’s etc in terms of collating and checking evidence etc, there’s the somewhat more obvious fact about the availability of court times and people having matching slots in their diaries.

The police would suspect it was her because they were looking for the body of a young woman The media also reaches Yorkshire so her family would know what she was wearing .
The body would first have to be autopsied by a pathologist to try and establish cause of death and to get as much forensic evidence as possible . In this case there was a second autopsy
as the first was inconclusive .

You would say that again with the inference that she should not have been out .
Sarah did everything that women are advised to do wore bright clothing took a well lit busy route with cameras and called people to let them know where she was .
Women don’t get attacked because of their actions. They get attacked because of the actions of their attacker i.
In this case a police officer the very last person she would have thought to be a danger .

In any case, it was not a young woman in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was a man in the wrong place at the wrong time (and seemingly intent on doing the wrong thing)!!

Edit - In general, it is important that we remove the onus of responsibility from the victim of any crime and place it firmly on the criminal.

Because she probably thought she was safe, personally I wouldn’t have, because I realise we aren’t safe, especially walking alone at night in the dark, you just never know who is out there, it shouldn’t be this way, but it is.

You aren’t 100% safe anywhere…she was the victim, who was in the wrong place at the wrong time…the murderer was out there waiting…so for him ,he was in the right place for his evil act of murder…

It’s nothing to do with walking accross Clapham Common just more victim blaming .
She was last seen on CCTV camera in the road not Clapham Common - a busy well lit place and so was he .

How is saying she was walking across Clapham Common, victim blaming?

We aren’t safe when out, more so at night, walking down the ally way last night, I thought I could be attacked here ,well lit up, but no one around, grabbed from behind, no chance to scream.

Sorry…this victim blaming you keep speaking of doesn’t make sense, who has blamed the victim on this thread?

Nothing to do with victim blaming.

Who has blamed Sarah on this thread?..I’m putting my thoughts across,same as everyone else.:frowning:

Pauline I am not saying you are victim blaming at all
you have quoted a post which implies that by walking across Clapham Common Sarah was somehow at fault ie putting herself at risk

Except she was not abducted on Clapham Common she was walking along a well lit main road .
So Clapham Common has no relevancy.

Ok, the thing is she was walking along a well lit road, this man who allegedly murdered her, was he in uniform, when he abducted her?..
I always thought coppers work usually in twos, …when on patrol?
I mean if a copper told me to get in his car,I would have…thank God it’s not a regular occurrence that some coppers murder…but this is not showing them in a good light…

Also when he flashed himself…he should have been suspended,for Heavens sake, he’s a serving police officer, supposed to be keeping us safe, from perverse flashers!!

Who in their right mind flashes their personal bits to others…it’s perverse…it needs punishment…I’ve seen it on a forum,I opened a can innocently once, there was a p…s staring at me, how do they get away with it?..

Mind you woman flash as well,I’ve seen that also…

Pauline we don’t know all the facts because these will come out at the trial in October .He was off duty had finished his shift but presumably was in uniform .it would be easy for a policeman to say she was violating covid rules and he would run her home - this of course is speculation but he was clearly seen with her on CCTV camera else they would not have homed in on him so quickly with the charge of kidnapping .

Ok, thanks for that information.