Sara Sharif: Father among three charged with murder of girl

This is a weird case isn’t it…they said the little girl died due to an incident? They are all charged with murder now…innocent till proved guilty I know but multiple injuries over a prolonged period sounds awful …poor girl dreadful case.

i believe its a step-mother, thats never good.

An uncle is not a good addition either .

1 Like

If this terrible trio prove to be guilty as charged of this most awful of crimes they should be lynched in public. Maybe that would be a deterrent to any other possible child killers. A bit harsh you say?

now theres a quadry, were there to be a public hanging, how many of us might attend?

No need to decend into barbarism .
We cannot allow ourselves to lower our standards to those of third world tyrannies .

So the alternative is? Keep them in captivity for a few years until somebody decides now is the right time to release them. You call it barbarism, I call it justice. Apart from all of that, it will cost the taxpayer an absolute fortune over the next twenty years, give or take. A no brainer for me.

1 Like

Theres another person who could have been capable , and thats the 13 yr old sibling , could all 3 be protecting this other child .
I would think he/she should be questioned as a witness too if not involved .

Poor beautiful child .

:purple_heart:

I’d already thought that too !

Deport them to Pakistan the little girl presumably could be counted as a Pakistani citizen they could serve their sentences there .

1 Like

When I read that Sara had suffered “ multiple and extensive injuries, which are likely to have been caused over a sustained and extended period of time”, my heart went out to this vulnerable child.
I dread to think what she may have suffered over the months leading up to her death.

If the reports of her being kept off school for “home schooling” since April are true, that is a common red flag in situations of this type.
Poor kid seemed to have been given an unsettled life from the start, from what I’ve read in the news.
It’s so sad to think neither of her parents or anyone else was there to protect her when she needed it most.

It’s difficult not to speculate but even the Coroner has postponed the inquest for 6 months, pending further investigation and information, so it’s likely any trial will not take place for some time.
I understand the father, step-mother and uncle have been remanded to appear in Court again next Tuesday so we may get to hear then if they will continue to be remanded in custody pending trial.

Perhaps the uncle was telling half a truth ,maybe one of the children pushed her down the stairs she was said to have fallen down ?

Children don’t actually die from falling down stairs .
It’s a red flag for child abuse
The autopsy showed that child had healed fractures and a blunt instrument was involved .

These would not be done by small children and only her full brother was older than her .

No this is child abuse by adults

1 Like

It’s sounds very grim, poor little one, so vulnerable

I don’t like that photo of her where she’s made up like a mature adult, I think it’s sinister

When parents separate and there are step parents involved and the child doesn’t have consistency I think it can be more difficult to monitor and protect them

Apparently she was “known to” the council, whatever that means

I’m wondering why the child was not with her mother, seems some family court said she must live with the father. If she had been with her mother she would probably be fine.
I read this court had made a hell of a lot of mistakes, taking children away from their mothers and giving an abusive parent the rights to them.

Found the story.
BBC News - Family courts: Children forced into contact with fathers accused of abuse

So wrong isn’t it , I feel the courts let these innocents down . The poor child .

1 Like

Somehow I suspect the father made a forceful case for getting custody of his children despite having another four children with his new partner … He’s Pakistani the courts don’t want to face being called racist ,of course we don’t know all the circumstances.
The hard fact is that the child was alive up to the age of seven while she was living with her mother .
The boy who is in Pakistan probably knows everything he is 13 old enough to provide evidence . I wonder why he has not been brought back .

Fleeing UK’s Family Courts: Mothers Seize Children to Escape Abusive Exes in Cyprus Haven - West Island Blog

Your final sentence ,an interesting point but ,would a child be allowed to be questioned ?
Btw the uncle was quoted as saying the little girl had broken her neck in a fall downstairs .
I expect them to deny the charges in their plea which means a trial .
Expect more lies upon lies .