Sara Sharif: Father among three charged with murder of girl

Yes, children can be questioned as a witness.
The police need to liaise with social services and there is usually a strategy meeting first to discuss the best way to proceed, They need to consider the child’s protection and welfare.

What will happen in this case is anyone’s guess at the moment.
It’s still early days in the investigation.

Sadly I don’t have much faith in our justice system anymore , but I hope with every fibre of my being who ever harmed this beautiful child is locked up for a long time , but I would lay money on it it’s more than 1 person .

1 Like

Soon they will all start blaming each other…the truth will out…hopefully.

All three are responsible and all three should be punished
They have abused a little child over a long period .
They are three adults who have ran off leaving the body of a young girl in a house .
By all the laws of common decency this is wrong and innocent people don’t run off to the other side of the world

Boot rather I meant that because the eldest child is in Pakistan with the appropriate authorities would he be allowed to be questioned there.

Oh, I see.
I have no idea what arrangements could be put in place in that situation but I understand the police in Pakistan are working in cooperation with the Surrey Police.

I rather expected the children would be returned to the social services care system in U.K. before long - the child could be interviewed here if it was thought necessary and appropriate - I have seen no definite news about the children returning to UK but I understand a court in Pakistan has authorised them to be taken away from the family and placed into care.
I presume they have British citizenship (?) and I understood the eldest boy’s Mother lives here in U.K. and the maternal family of the younger children live in U.K. too.

That poor little girl was heavily made up in that photo.

It reminded me of when I used to work with some Asian girls and they had similar photos taken for their families to show people who arranged marriages. Remember they like them young in Pakistan. :wink:

I noticed that too Rose.

I wonder are those people out on bail now? If they are it wouldn’t surprise me if the disappeared again…I know they came back to the UK flying first class I wonder what jobs they do?

How do you know that ?
I don’t think they allow people charged with murder out on bail .

The father was a taxi driver, according to news reports.
I saw reports that one of their relatives had contacted a travel agent and arranged and paid for business class flights for the last stage of their return flight. That was according to the travel agent who arranged them.

They have been held in custody since they were arrested when they landed back in U.K.
At their first Court Appearance, they were remanded in custody, pending their next Court appearance at The Old Bailey tomorrow (Tuesday)
Their defence didn’t even ask for bail - in a murder case where the suspects have already absconded once, such a request would not have been granted.

2 Likes