Salman Rushdie has been stabbed

A misogynistic reactionary religion .

Are you not a fan then?

As a woman I would not recommend Islam if one is thinking of converting .

Save you a fortune in hairdressing though

Can you imagine having to wear a tight scarf in this weather ?
Yet this is what woman are obliged to wear in many Islamic countries which are hot for much of the time Add a tent with a tiny net window and you would know what a burqa feels like .

Our car is a black Aygo, so I’ve got an idea of what it’s like to wear a Burqa

1 Like

Who said that a god has to be friendly and cuddly? He seems to spend most of the Bible killing children, approving incest and slavery, recommending genocide and setting fire to bushes. It’s traditional.

2 Likes

Reading about Rushdie after this horrific and barbaric attack, I had not realised how bad the threads were at the time the Satanic Verses was published. Not just on Rushdie but also on his publisher Few publishers today would have the courage of Rushdie’s publisher Peter Mayer, then CEO of Penguin, who received death threats and whose own child was threatened.
The tolerant are too slow to damn and take action against the likes of Iran who originally promoted these threats. No religion should accommodate or promote violence.

Salmon Rushdie has now been taken off of the ventilator and can speak,:pray::heartpulse:

Praying he makes a full recovery,:pray:

3 Likes

His attacker has pleaded not guilty to attempted murder.

The attackers intention was to kill , not injure , when this goes to court this non human should be tried for attempted murder and put away for a long time , I think the country will be even more disolutioned if he gets away with this due to our weak sentencing system

3 Likes

The attack took place in America Susan so hopefully he will get a stiff sentence .

2 Likes

Ah yes of course thanks Muddy , I hope he goes down for a long long time
.I wish our sentencing was harsher here , thank goodness it was the States

Are there any updates on the condition of Salman Rushdie?

Google is your friend!

1 Like

A difficult road ahead for this brave man I wish him well

2 Likes

His son said he was in good spirits, but gosh the psychological effects of this will haunt him forever. The poor man.

1 Like

Terrible that anybody should try and kill someone for presenting their views in a book.

We then hear politicians bang on about freedom of speech but we all know there is hypocrisy in these statements. Our freedom of speech has been ever more eroded by what is deemed acceptable and even legislation. So much so that if you dare to challenge the latest groupthink you are shut down and can even be investigated by the police for a hate crime.

I personally am quite happy bumbling along but I recognise that if you make the only voices heard the “right” ones you eventually become a herd of sheep guided by the shepherd and his dog to the next pasture.

Not sure I want to be a sheep pretty sure I want to be able to determine what is suitable and what isn’t suitable for my consideration myself. So unlike the politicians I really do want freedom of speech even if it is mind numbingly boring 99.9% of the time.

So while I wholeheartedly disapprove of the attempted murder of Mr Rushdie I also disapprove of the ever increasing number of subject areas that have caveats on what you can say or ask.

2 Likes

I know what you mean … I think. But not sure I agree.

I’ve heard that he had been “used”, “set up” by America to promote that old book knowing it would cause a reaction from the muslim community.

Wishing you well Rushdie. Get back home soon. Don’t fall for more such pranks.

1 Like

What are you saying the man was stabbed 15 times .
These were life changing injuries he’s going to lose an eye .
Even the moderator sat near him had quite a severe injury .