Saga Holidays - anyone been on or going on one?

Do you know I have done nothing yet about considering what I am taking, any suggestions about what is good to take, or what things we won’t need.
Have an idea that going and coming back might be different airlines, each with their own weight restrictions, so would have to go with the lowest of them.
I suppose we might want some local currency?, we don’t tend to buy much and it’s all inclusive and some trips included.

I take local currency for tips for the different members of staff, which makes sure it goes to who you want it to.
We don"t really go off site.

Nonsense: I’m pleased for you! :lol: it’s exciting, getting holiday tickets.

Shorts and tops for breakfast, Tank-tinies for daytime and some nice evening wear and of course my high heels [can"t be without them] is what I take .
I thought all airlines were the same with a 23kg maximum? Going out can be a wee bit more problematical with all the sunscreen don"t want to but it over there as, a] more expensive. b] can you get the brand you like:048::048:

Need to see if the hotels have hairdressing facilities.

I think these days the 23kg maximum applies to the load in the case, (for health & safety, so baggage handlers don’t strain themselves), some airlines just say 1 piece or 2 pieces of hold luggage, and some are 20kg or maybe some budgets are as low as 15kg

I think you may find as it is a long haul flight you may get a more generous allowance , check your tickets!
I find as it is a humid heat over there my hair goes frizzy, so I just condition about every three days , and that seems to take care of it .
Where are you actually staying? if you don"t mind me asking !
x

Good question Apricot, I can’t remember which hotel they said they were missing out, it was one of the two with similar sounding names.
I’ll check tickets tomorrow and see what’s what, got a bit late for me now.

Been looking at the tickets, we are travelling British Airways both ways, however we have Premium economy going out and just Economy coming back,
so the luggage allowance going out is 2 pieces each weighing no more than 23Kg each, but coming back only 1 piece each weighing 23Kg.

On a recent cruise where we travelled out to Chile and returned from Sydney on different airlines, the allowances were different.

Regarding the hotels we are staying in, they are Tamassa first, then it was Lux Grand Gaube followed by Lux Belle Mare, but I’m sure it was one of the latter two that was withdrawn but can’t remember which. Just got a phone call, which I thought might have been followed up by a letter. However the following day we got the ‘tickets’ (final information), which still had the details as originally planned.

:Well in a way they giving to with one hand and taking off with the other , because on your return journey you have got to stay under weight, unless you want to pay extra[which I don"t as it can be a quite hefty surcharge]
Only thing you can be liberal with the amount of sunscreen you take.

:roll::roll:

I assume I am going to warm climes, so need lightweight clothes, so 23Kg each should be more than enough, we usually only have 20Kg each going to Algarve in October self catering, so generally have clothes as well as various food stuffs I want to take which can weigh heavy, I manage then so I’m sure we’ll manage this time too. lol
Sounds like taking my sunhat is a must, I don’t always take one, and we tend to stay out of the sun quite a lot, especially if very hot.

Been looking at the hotels, they seem to have spa facilities, massages and the like, but no mention of hairdressers.

Oh about electrical adapters for there, what should I take?

You can buy adaptors from “Boots” that fit their system , just read on the label.
You will need a hat, as temps will be in the 80"s, sometimes they get showers , but are over almost as soon as they start.

We do have various adaptors, will have to look them out.

Had a letter today about the change of accommodation, and it is the Lux Grand Gaube that is being missed out.

Just been to google, and they say that 3 pin plug sockets are used as in UK

That"s good you know where you stand .
:-):slight_smile:

Really looking forward to this trip.

Where will you be staying Apricot?

Me too big time.
We always stay at Le \tropical, but I don"t about you I never recommend, because what suits one doesn’t suit another. x

Yes that’s true, you only have to read Trip Advisor to see what a huge variety of comments to can get about the same place.

Saga holiday research in Nottingham

Hi we are doing some research in Nottingham with people who have been on a landbased Saga holiday in the past 2 years. It’s a 2 hour focus group and people who attend receive £60 as thanks for their time.
For more information please email me [mod edit]

Dominican Republic.

Has anyone been on a trip with Saga to the Dominican Republic? If so do you have any views to share.

Some posts have been removed - please stick to the question asked. If you want to start a general discussion about the topic feel free to in another thread. Thanks.

I have been on quite a few Saga hols, used to be landbased but now usually river cruises. Had to cancel the last because I was ill but have booked two for next year hoping I’ll be better enough in time.

It’s difficult to know what to recommend because of course it depends what you like. There’s more and more choice now, isn’t there?