Ryan Giggs on trial for assaulting two women - Update: Charges withdrawn by the Crown Prosecution Service

[quote=“Silver Tabby, post: 2135834”]
The difference between ABH and common assault is that ABH requires a degree of injury whereas common assault does not. A charge of ABH is reserved for those cases where injury is more than transient or trifling. Quote]

Hi

He is very fortunate that it did not involve a Family Member.

The response would would have been immediate and not nice.

I am not capable of much at the moment, my siblings are.

Okay thanks, Omah. I think I vaguely recall.

Was it a panel of judges, with the head judge being a black lady who eventually appeared biased towards Pistorius?

Anyway - the prosecutor was brilliant. Just the type of personality I’d want on my side. :slight_smile:

Former footballer Ryan Giggs has pleaded not guilty to assaulting his ex-girlfriend and her sister in Greater Manchester last year.

Mr Giggs, who played for Manchester United, appeared at Manchester Crown Court on Friday morning, where he also denied claims of controlling and coercive behaviour.

The Wales manager, 47, has been accused of causing actual bodily harm to his ex-girlfriend, 36-year-old PR executive Kate Greville, at his home on 1 November 2020.

He has also been charged with common assault by beating of Ms Greville’s younger sister, Emma Greville, during the same alleged incident.

Mr Giggs will go on trial at Manchester Crown Court on 24 January 2022, with a pre-trial hearing taking place on 8 October 2021.

Just a reminder for myself and anyone else taking an interest in this case … :newspaper:

Exsqueeze me?!!! :103:

I don’t know why we bother having trials, courts, etc.

Whenever anyone, who is in the public, hits the front pages of the tabloids they, immediately, are painted as being guilty.

If this is an unbiassed Forum, I would be happier if we didn’t post this sort of stuff until guilt has been proven.

Why can’t we wait until the trial is completed?

:policeman:

How did this become public knowledge? Did he not use the courts again to prevent his dubious life being reported on?

1 Like

AFAIK, this is not an unbiased forum … :man_shrugging:

" Giggs denied assaulting Ms Greville and causing her actual bodily harm following an incident at his home in Worsley, Greater Manchester, on 1 November last year.

Well, he would, wouldn’t he … :roll:"

Your post, 23rd July!

Say no more!

No human being is truly unbiased. We all have our biases. It is part of human nature.

And Ryan Giggs will have increased his chances of having others biased against him due to his well reported willingness to use the law to stop his dubious private life from being reported on.

I do hope his legal team warned him at the time, about Isaac Newtons third law of physics. Every action has an equal & opposite reaction.

A-ha … :exclamation:

The so-called “super-injunction” or gagging order brought by Giggs against the media, specifically the Sun, to prevent them publishing details about his extra-marital affair with Imogen Thomas, former Big Brother contestant and Miss Wales winner … :wink:

Unfortunately for Giggs, Twitter and an MP broadcast his name … :laughing:

This time around Giggs can’t hide because he’s accused of committing criminal offences … :scream:

1 Like

Well, he’s not going to admit it, is he … :rofl:

Was he found guilty Omah?..just seen this topic.

1 Like

Not yet:

:wink:

1 Like

Crikey, I wonder what evidence they will come up with against him, taking a while I guess to make a strong case.

No doubt he will have done the same with the best lawyers.all will be revealed next year,what a carry on though.

Must look up what pre trial means,:wink:

1 Like

I think this an explanation:

Plea and Trial Preparation Hearing

1. The first hearing at Crown Court after the case has been sent by the Magistrates is the Plea and Trial Preparation Hearing (“PTPH”). A PTPH takes place in every such case in the Crown Court, and its purpose is to ensure that all necessary steps have been taken in preparation for trial and sufficient information has been provided for a trial date to be arranged. The judge is required to exercise a managerial role with a view to progressing the case.
1 Like

You’re always there when help is needed, thanks Omah, you are appreciated.:+1::+1:

1 Like

The former Manchester United winger, 48, stepped away from his role in November 2020 after being arrested.

Robert Page took over as interim Wales boss in Giggs’ absence, leading them to a first World Cup finals since 1958.

In a statement, Giggs said: “After much consideration, I am standing down from my position as manager of the Wales men’s national team with immediate effect. It has been an honour and a privilege to manage my country, but it is only right that the Wales FA, the coaching staff and the players prepare for the tournament with certainty, clarification and without speculation around the position of their head coach.”

Giggs has pleaded not guilty to controlling and coercive behaviour against his ex-girlfriend Kate Greville between August 2017 and November 2020. He has also pleaded not guilty to assaulting Ms Greville causing her actual bodily harm, and common assault of her younger sister, Emma Greville, at his home in Worsley, Greater Manchester, on 1 November 2020.

The trial was originally scheduled to take place last January but was postponed until 8 August due to a lack of court space. The trial is set to last a minimum of five days.

Will the truth be told … :thinking:

Is it ever?

1 Like

Well, his extra-marital affair with model Imogen Thomas was exposed, despite a super-injunction … :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If this man is no longer playing football for a club and is no longer a football team manager or trainer and if he no longer has a “ public role”, then I do not see how the outcome of the trial is a matter of public interest now.
I can see why it is a matter of importance to those immediately involved in it but not the world at large now he has resigned from his public-facing job.