Russell Brand: The Queen’s Funeral - The HIDDEN Truth THAT NOBODY’S TALKING ABOUT

I was bored and needed something to watch while I ate, so watched this:

I thought he put things in a way where there’s something in there that will resonate with everyone… but am curious to hear what you think :upside_down_face:

Hi

I am afraid I have no regard at all for Russell Brand and Johnathon Ross.

You do not make lewd remarks about the granddaughter of someone you have an argument with and think it is funny to do so, especially on national media and cause a young lady so much distress.

The damage is done, no matter how much you apologise latter, when you realise how much money you are going to lose.

I consider him very fortunate to have not made those remarks about the young relatives of mine and many others.

5 Likes

I don’t normally watch ‘celebrities’ but it’s at the top of the YouTube trending chart so thought I would give it a go…

Interesting and he shows he understands the problems and dilemmas involved in change.

However, it’s not entirely clear of what he’s actually trying to say other than things are going to be different now. No $hite, Sherlock.

1 Like

It nearly lost me with his hippy nonsense at the beginning but I did like his description of the Monarchy as “cartoon feudalism”

He waffled on a bit, probably could have said everything in less than 10 minutes - part of the problem with YouTube is that they prefer videos of about 13 minutes or longer so they can squeeze more ads in.

if you wanna appeal to your audience and really get the message over - slow down - fast delivery don’t work - however I enjoyed his presentation in a way

2 Likes

I agree Swims I always think of him ringing up poor Andrew Sachs too .

2 Likes

Right what he said was true but the delivery was terrible indeed irritating garble as if he was afraid some yeoman of the guards were about to break in and stop him talking before he had finished .

2 Likes

Can’t stand the man.

1 Like

If you were bored enough to watch this Azz, can I suggest you would have been better listening to some music?
The stupid man carried on talking to the point that bored me to tears. He seemed to like the sound of his own voice so much that he never got to the point of what he was saying.
Was he just asking if the royal family will survive? If he was the simple answer is “Nobody knows, because young people may discover that all the pomp and ceremony brings rewards to this country & the people who live here” much more rewarding than having to listen to people like him who just want to make money out of listening to their own voice!

1 Like

You can have pomp and ceremony without maintaining a royal family .
People like the associations with past royalty like the castles and historic buildings . This is what attracts tourists , as in France which has no monarchy but still gets tourists coming to see its old palaces .
Most young people have no connection with the royals at all they are totally immaterial to their lives.

3 Likes

I can’t bear to listen to him. But reading the comments here, I’ve got a rough idea what it’s all about.

I’d rather stick pins in my eyes than watch this egotistical moron

That is what most people thought but were astounded by the people, young and old, who queued for hours in the cold to pay their respects to the queen!

Having been worked up into a wild frenzy of emotion by the media, it’s hardly surprising.

2 Likes

I watched it and it was even longer than 10 minutes, 19 in fact and not worth watching if I may say that.
Just as he is suspicious of centralised power and a centralised democracy I’m suspicious of people who insinuate that they know it all, that it would take them to uncover the truth hidden to other people and who allegedly have found the alternative, the philosopher’s stone.
I wondered what his point was? What hidden truth did he uncover for the first time? And what’s the way ahead?
What I heard was the familiar sound of “elitist power”, “deep state”, of even a “militaristic power” that “will kill you if you don’t respect it(?)” as well as an allegedly precise idea of what “the people” want. He lost me there. Unfortunately, he didn’t present the new ideas that he was hinting at.

3 Likes

Difficult to listen to but yes he says a lot of how I feel and what I think

2 Likes

I absolutely cannot stand that gibbering moron. However, I did watch the video and, like @Dachs, I wondered what his point was. What he was blethering on about didn’t seem to match the title of his video. What was this ‘hidden truth’? He certainly didn’t reveal any great wisdom that he, and only he (no doubt due to his enormously superior intellect), had discovered. That this was the end of an era, that things may be about to change, but we don’t know yet how, are ideas that have been discussed widely, nothing hidden about them at all :102:

2 Likes

As said, he touched on many bases using the occasional big word, but didn’t say much nor reveal anything hidden that nobody’s talking about.

Unless of course he was being self deprecating and was indeed the “nobody” who was talking about “it”, with the “it” still remaining truthfully hidden. :wink:

1 Like

:joy: