Right to protest after arrests of anti monarchists

@swimfeeders do UK have responsilbilty for overseas security?

Hi

I don’t know what the current arrangements are for security outside their embassies.

It would be fair to say that it would be very unusual for the UK to permit high ranking targets to go abroad without a UK Protection Unit being present and for a great deal of advance planning to be done if this was an Official Visit.

Just noticed the date last Sunday. :us: :bouquet:

Not sure what you mean? It’s the 18th on Sunday
? What am I missing?

Not sure where else to put this but it seems that Anti Monarchists aren’t the only ones protesting

Sharing a bond through their good-natured humour.

:grin:

It’s clear from the spokesperson’s comments that Harry is not protesting, though - quite the opposite, in fact if one reads the actual words the spokesperson said.

The Sun is putting in their usual dollop of pot-stirring with that false headline.

The spokesman said: “Prince Harry will wear a morning suit throughout events honouring his grandmother.
"His decade of military service is not determined by the uniform he wears and we respectfully ask that focus remain on the life and legacy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.”

So, it sounds to me like Harry is not protesting - he is saying “can we stop stirring it and keep our focus on the Queen’s legacy and funeral service, please.”

3 Likes

So what is respect?
3 men out playing golf and got to a green next to a road. One of the men was about to tee off when a funeral procession passed by, so he stopped and took off his cap and bowed his head. The other two men remarked “that is showing true respect to the dead person”, He said " well in truth I had to because that was my wife in the coffin on her way to be buried"

1 Like

9/11 last Sunday not this coming one.

1 Like

Apologies
I misread your post! :frowning_face:

Put a different way, if you lost your father/mother/son/daughter & someone protested their job would you like it? As these protests are not about Elizabeth Windsor. They are about someone being born to a job that pays millions of pounds per year. A job which gives great privilege & immense influence & thus indirect power & all simply due to who that persons parents are.

This is the time to point towards an undemocratic & unjust system. A system that is based upon birth, not democracy, or any other fair or just system.

1 Like

I don’t believe that this is the time for protest [even if I agree with that protest] death is final, the struggles in the world will continue Lyn. In a civilised society there are certain circumstances where differences can be put to one side
Remember the British and German forces on Christmas day during WW1. They called a cease fire and played football together. In my opinion, one of the most heartwarming things that ever happened in history.

They could have held a rally of their own somewhere at the same time.That wouldn’t have annoyed the royalists.With Twitter and Instagram you don’t need the TV to publicize stuff these days.

Conscripted soldiers playing football & a right to speak out about state systems are very different. This is about much much more than what is it the correct time. As it is also about the police acting like the KGB & dragging people off the street, simply for disagreeing with the state.

Is the UK a democracy or not? As if alternative voices are not tolerated in public, only whispered where & when no the police are not listening, simply because the police have decided those views are not the correct views to hold right now. Then this is not a democracy.

Democracy & human rights are not about timing. They are about the behaviour of the state & it’s forces.

3 Likes

Good post Lyn 1.

Democracy & human rights are not about timing. They are about the behaviour of the state & it’s forces. Some cooperation between them would be beneficial.

We are not a democracy.

2 Likes

Marcus Sarjeant - Wikipedia(born%201964,ceremony%20in%20London%20in%201981.

Just hope nobody tries stunt like this.

You should go to London and protest if you feel that strongly Lyn

The thing is though, they’ve done their job and got their point of view noticed, even if people are furious with them and don’t agree

And isn’t it such a relief to hear that alternative point of view, after all the gushing, over-the-top fawning? Even if you don’t agree with it

We are Brits, this isn’t North Korea, alternative points of view, eccentrics, non-conformists and lack of respect for our “betters” are what we do

And long may it remain so

3 Likes

Hi

Well if you want the right to protest to expand beyond what we have you either be prepared to pay for it or protest at your own risk.

1 Like