Right to protest after arrests of anti monarchists

This deserves at least three likes… :hugs:

1 Like

Hi

One of the main things the Police have to do is to maintain Public Safety and Public Order,

The Right to Free Speech has to be balanced against that, that is why there are so many restrictions placed upon it.

An example, this is a public forum, so what is put on here is in the public domain.

I will now give you my personal opinion of Andrew, I think he is scum and a liar.

That is free speech, nothing will happen to me at all., and we must remember that in an awful lot of the World making a statement like that would get me chucked in jail at the very least.

I would not say this either shouting it out or holding up a placard etc at any to do with the Queens Funeral at all.

Doing so is not free speech, it is behaviour likely to cause a breech of the peace and is an offence.

It is also stupid, because it is provocative and is likely to get the person doing it thumped.

Often by a tiny little old lady who has never broken the law .

This uses up a lot of police and ambulance resources.

Best described by one police officer as your worst nightmare.

Free Speech by all means, but use it responsibly.

5 Likes

The royal family are above the law though aren’t they?. They can never be brought to justice for anything they might do (in the UK, anyway)

1 Like

Well said Pixie
I am so fed up listening to all this nonsense that is being spoken Ad nauseum by commentator s.
Their service blah blah blah ( they have served themselves best of all ! )
It’s good to respect the death of the Queen but all this sycophantic rubbish is starting to make me feel rather queasy .

4 Likes

I do agree with you on that, people can or maybe should protest on the many social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter etc and let those who wish to pay their respect do so in a quiet and dignified manner, without the placard waving, shouting and booing.

1 Like

Hi

Pixie, you are confusing me here, and you genuinely are, I mean that with no intent at all.

Whatever gave you that idea?

The people who get away with it are by far and away the most common being the Jimmy Savilles and the Politicians.

1 Like

Jimmy Savile was one who got away with it and how many innocent men were put through court cases in the ensuring witch hunt ?

Swimmy, what I meant was that the royal family are above the law. They could literally get away with murder. Not in any stretch of the imagination will you ever see a member of the royal family getting criminal charges against them, doing community service, or spending time languishing at His Majesty’s Pleasure. (oh the irony)

Who was JS’s best pal? The King. Who sought marriage guidance from JS? The King. Who got a member of his own staff sacked by JS because he couldn’t bear to do it himself? The King. Whose brother now has a terrible reputation? The King. Whose Uncle (Lord Mountbatten) had a terrible reputation? The King. (I know it isn’t law related, but they don’t exactly keep good company befitting a family deserving of their subjects respect, do they?)

They are also exempt from the F.O.I Act. Wonder why that might be :thinking:

2 Likes

it got 4 LMAO

The barrister had said he was going to write “not my King” on his piece of paper, that’s what they were questioning him about

But of course he’s entitled to do that and I do think the police are being over zealous, to put it mildly

What gets to me is all the reactionary Auntie Wokers who attack “woke” for restricting their freedom of speech, stopping them saying what they want and joking about what they want, shock, horror :scream:

I’m not hearing many of them defending the anti/royalists freedom to say what they want and joking about what they want…… ?

Dan Wooton is the biggest hypocrite of all, filming himself and his smarmy tribute

Yup, they really don’t have much to recommend them and anyone who wants to is entitled to say so, heckle, boo etc without getting arrested or stopped

I think it’s rather brave of those who do to stand outside the herd and do what they think is right

I’m reminded of Thatchers funeral where protestors were allowed to gather in one area and silently turned their back on the funeral cortège as it passed. I was very proud of them at that moment

It might be that the coronation would be a more suitable event for protest than the funeral, given the grief and sadness of some over the Queen’s death

But there is something nauseating about seeing some of these rather dubious characters displaying themselves in the pomp and ceremony and Andrew being allowed to wear military uniform this week

And I think at least some of this affected grief is down to mass hysteria, much like when Diana died

Spare a thought for the Security Forces which have to make very rapid decisions about individuals who rush towards them, spitting animosity, and whatever.

Those people might just be protestors, or they might be armed terrorists, or maybe someone with severe mental health problems…

Maybe the Police have a minute to make the decision?

If the security gets it wrong how would that be managed?

Surely the problem rests, purely, with the protester who doesn’t think about the risks.

5 Likes

From my point of view I was posting more about the protesters concerning the Queens funeral and associated processions. I couldn’t care less what happens at Charles’s coronation (I never liked him all that much anyway) I don’t have any feelings for all the pomp and circumstance or ‘Hangers on’ either, I’d rather get on with some jobs while all the ceremonials are going on, but Mrs Fox likes it, so fair enough. But I do admire the late Queen, and have a great deal of respect for her memory. So the protesters can just shut the f… up until she has been laid to rest.

3 Likes

I actually meant…three likes just from me Lion Queen…
:hugs:

I think that many people feel the same, OGF - there is a time and a place for protest and disturbing the Queen’s funeral cortège is definitely not one of them, nor is it appropriate for protesters to cause trouble in the street during this period of National mourning.

If anti-monarchists wanted to have a protest against the new King, they can shout and wave banners at his coronation or wait at least a week or two until the late Queen has been properly laid to rest with dignity. And if people want to heckle Andrew about his behaviour, then don’t upset everyone by doing it over the dead body of his Mother and Our Queen.

7 Likes

Hear Hear…
:+1:

Emotions are running high, Boot. Protesting usually happens like that, because its seen as being most effective. Not everyone considers this a period of National Mourning. No disrespect to anyone who wishes to observe it, but some of the population just want to get on with life (without being judged)

But the young man who heckled Andrew by shouting at him across the coffin of his Mum’s funeral cortège was “judging” Andrew, wasn’t he?
You think he should be allowed to shout those judgemental words during somebody’s funeral cortège but other people should not be allowed to express any judgement of his conduct?

Anyway, he will have his day in court and have the opportunity to defend himself when he appears on the charge of breach of the peace.

This is how heads of state and wives will travel to Westminster Abbey.

:minibus:

Hi

The Security Screen getting it wrong is not a place to be.

You are investigated ruthlessly and then blamed by the media and protest groups who have never been in that situation themselves and whose only qualification is 20/20 hindsight.

If you don’t press the trigger and the person you are protecting gets injured you go through the same process and then blamed…

There is no sane outcome to being involved at all.