Right to protest after arrests of anti monarchists

Complete plonker

1 Like

Police officers from around the country have been drafted into London to assist the Metropolitan police.

Agree with a few comments.

Hi

I personally could not be bothered about any Anti Royal protests after the funeral is over and the visiting heads of state have gone back home in one piece.

This is the biggest security risk that has ever happened in the world and the world is watching how we deal with it.

This barrister knows exactly what he is doing, pushing the limits and being provocative and getting a great deal of free publicity.

4 Likes

Quite so
He didn’t actually do anything wrong .

1 Like

Motto of UEA.

Except that he distracted the Security people by doing his protest.

Luckily, there wasn’t a terrorist waiting, nearby, to seize the opportunity he provided.

I think that he made a further mistake, I hope, by grandstanding himself on TV afterwards.

Hopefully, he will, now, be recognised and will never earn a penny from anyone!

1 Like

May possible have put his employment in jeopardy.

Hi

We have here in the UK a remarkably free media and a right to free speech and protest.

It needs to continue and I will defend that right, it is important.

We have specific places for it.

Speakers' Corner - Wikipedia’%20Corner%20is%20an,Hyde%20Park%20in%20London%2C%20England.

We also have laws controlling free speech, somethings are not allowed.

Hate speeches against females are not allowed, neither are some deliberately provocative racist comments.

Anything advocating sex with children or sex slaves is going to get you arrested.

The dividing line?

Well your Enforcement Agencies are never 100% right and it would be wrong to state that they do.

Humans make mistakes, they do get things wrong.

There is another side to this coin however.

Enforcement Officers value their rights as Citizens.

An example, not unique at all.

I was emailed by a fairly important MP to make sure that I would be at a particular protest which he found embarrassing.

I reassured him that I would definitely be there, I was one of the protesters.

It is not uncommon, outside of the major cities and occasionally in the cities, for the Police on duty to be faced by partners, children and sisters and worst of all mothers taking part in the protest.

These are normally about planning or education issues, but you can still have over a hundred, very annoyed people having a protest.

Immediate family are going to push the envelope far more than others.

1 Like

It’s the wrong time to protest.
Otherwise I’ve no problem with the anti monarchists.
In fact I agree with them.

1 Like

Would it be so limiting to hold back on the protests until after the funeral?
There’s going to be time a plenty, perhaps a little respect and decorum until then.

2 Likes

Did the solicitor chap actually speak I thought he held up a blank paper ?

No such thing as bad publicity .( unless you Prince Andrew )

Hi

The reality of the situation, a very gentle warning.

This cannot go wrong, so it is not a time to demand to exercise your rights.

Once the event is out of the way and the Heads of State are out of UK airspace, those involved can get back to normal, take their days off and normal service will be resumed.

The UK has one of the most relaxed, freedom of protest systems in the World.

You will be able to protest against Charles, call him a privileged, out of touch arrogant git and join a protest march complaining that he, and all the other Royals pay inheritance tax.

As long as you do not threaten or incite violence, pretty much everything else is allowed.

It is not perfect, but it is one of the best in the World.

1 Like

Agree.

FWIW, I’m guessing that antimonarchists are piddling in the wind anyway.

2 Likes

Hi

The right to protest is ingrained from a very early age.

A proposal to close the village school to save money and send the kids to another school 4 miles away.

The littlies were not happy, wanted to stay where they where.

Loved the school, the teachers and it would have meant losing some of their friends due to catchment area issues.

They were going to have a protest, a very gentle one.

A very young littlie, a first year, was having tea with Mum, who was a Police Officer.

Are you working tomorrow Mum.

Yes, why do you ask?

Well if you try to arrest me I will be sick all over you.

Absolutely brilliant.

Mum was very proud of her and told everybody.

I’m sure he’s perfectly entitled to wave reams of A4 should he have the inclination

I would defend anyone’s right to protest, and I would include anti-monarchists among that. However I would also say that if you did protest against the monarchy you are a misguided and if you seriously think that the history of this country has done nothing for you then try living in say Yemen and see how you get on.

Protesting during the funeral I would say is not wise but you should be allowed to. You might get more abuse than you bargained for from the crowds, and the police may well seek to make sure your protest remained peaceful, but then to some extent isn’t that what protesters are often seeking to do? achieve public notice although that is often notoriety. An example could be the idiot that thought the protesting against who knows what on Remembrance Day was a good idea

Protest over anything except at a funeral, especially the queen’s, she had done nothing to warrant it. I ask if they would like people jetting and shouting abuse at their mothers funeral, and I know what the answer would be. There is a right and wrong place and time to raise objection and should be done by raising objections in the proper manner via petition

1 Like

Hi

It is over and done, went remarkably well, and they can now protest to their hearts content,

2 Likes

Amen.

1 Like