Rhino Run video

Well done RS :clap: It might be nice to commemorate it by a wee donation to save the rhinos? After all, look how well they worked for you! :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think I could get close enough to give wee donation, even have trouble hitting the bison sometimes

1 Like

51,016 views now with 69 subscribers and rising faster than before

The excitement is getting too much for us mere mortals.

52,027 views and 70 subscribers wow amazing. that is 1000 more in 3 days, its crazy

Be still my beating heart, how much more can we take?

53,029 views now with 71 subscribers. in 3 days another 1000+ views. Have to say it is amazing

Especially as it was you who took the video, then to see all the views and subscribers, it’s also a bit of a confidence booster I would imagine, having that many views, 
it is a good video though

Thank you Pauline. I have always said if the photographer like the photo then that is all that matters. If others like it as we then is is a bonus, That is my motto anyway. What I don’t get is anyone who dislikes a photo they never ever say why. My guess it is all down to jealousy which which to me shows a weak character. There are some that have to make pointless comments as well ,not at all uncommon even on here. Constructive criticism should always be welcomed even if one agrees with it or not. I have often found that remarks about a photo does not take into account what any issues were in getting the shot, Maybe it is a time issue or difficult location prevents, it is only the photographer knows.

Remember the old saying “it is not the camera that takes the photo/video, it is the person behind that does, the camera only records what was taken at the time”.
Some go to learn about photography and get taught exactly what many others have learn’t before. The issue here is they are all going to take the same type of photo no individuality. Learning by mistakes, and I have and do make many, is the quickest way to remember not some person telling you in a classroom. Well that is my philosophy for what it is worth

making a video is the easy part, editing is where the art comes in. What do you cut out/add in- continuity or clips with a black gap or fade in/out. Adding titles and or sound tracks- as we know daylight can change rapidly dealing with the change. just a few things more involved onto of the usual photograpic stills editing

1 Like

I even showed my son the video, he said it was excellent, I have watched it loads of times, you’ve captured the beauty and power of those beautiful Rhinos

You need to enter it into a competition

Only entered a couple of stills international competitions in the past run by companies and didn’t do too bad being in the top 3 but that is another story.
Like any photography it is only practise that improves but with a video consumer type of camcorder I have notices a huge difference over the past 10 years. My old Panasonic HC-X900m that made that video with was at the time top of the pro-consumer range and lasted for 9 years and went to many countries with me. Only part exchanged as it was starting to give a couple of problems such as the cooling fan kept stopping, but a really great camcorder .
This new Sony FDR-AX53 they call handycam is something else. The built in stabliser for one is truly amazing . I have yet to give it a proper workout as it takes time to get to know the features in the menu and they are many , Now can just about walk and take a steady video totally impossible with the old panasonic.
I have been studying on youtube and most videos taken are from one place at a time not walking along, so something worth remembering. Also even in films a clip only lasts for abouit 5 seconds before another angle is taken, check it out for yourself next time watching a film, another tip i picked up.
So instead of just watching a film or whatever I am beginning to look how the shots were taken,ie low down-closeup-direction of movement-length of clip etc. I must be going nuts.

1 Like

It’s your passion, nothing wrong in that
enjoy it!!..

I have a standard definition Canon video camera which has a feature that, when engaged, filmed for 4 secs then stopped (I forget what they called it) I thought it was brilliant and used it a lot, taking a series of such clips it was basically a matter of stringing them together, while leaving out the dodgy ones, to make an interesting fast paced video.

Sometimes I get the urge to buy another video camera but have yet to find an HD one with this feature.

Bruce that is interesting, never heard of a video camera that did that as well but I have never had anything to do with the Canon mark. How did that cutting out the “dodgy” ones affect the sound track? or did you overwite on another editing track then add.
Can I ask why you want to stay with 1080p recording only? I ask this because this Sony FDR-AX53 can record at 4k and 1080p at the same time

also does time lapse which may go someway to Your looking for one that does short clips

54,012 views and 76 subscribers today 1st sept.still getting more watching

55,028 views with 79 subscribers now 4 sept

56,016 views with 80 subscribers now 7 sept

Don’t get too excited RS as it can be bad for your heart :thinking:

1 Like

57,037 views now and 81 subscribers for that Rhino Run Video 11 Sept 2021

You yourself must be adding to that total by your continual checking. :wink: