Reset Demorcracy

Join them in this once-in-a-generation opportunity to create a democratic settlement that works for us all.

https://www.uptous.co.uk/

2 Likes

change usually creates more mess and confusion than before. If things were left as they were
say in the 1960 then a lot of problems of today would not exist. There is this mad urge to alter everything just for change sake no other reason

5 Likes

“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.”

1 Like

that is a horrid phrase actually

Theories of cancer origin : European Journal of Cancer Prevention one in every two people will suffer this in their lifetime

I think the idea of a “democracy reset” is great in this day and age.

Its 2024, societies dynamic has moved beyond anything we could have imagined.

Democracy now seems to be a dirty word, and it needs to be brought back to the forefront.

3 Likes

The institutions that effectively run western nations by elite liberals without voter consent, are out of control.

The British caste system places white working class boys on bottom rung. Today are several adverts being run that invite everyone to participate other that whites;

https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/information-for/young-people/events/discover-uni-unlocked

Enlightened discussion on exclusion of ordinary folk from any genuine input, here

3 Likes

Not mine originally…it’s been around for a long time…
" Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell" is a quote by Edward Abbey, an ecological philosopher and environmental activist. Abbey used the quote to describe how the growth model ignores the world’s realities, such as the loss of wild places in Arizona due to mining, subdivisions, and oil operations"

1 Like

More confusion!!! pandemonium is rife around the world. We are bombarded with conflicting information, chaotic government, anarchy.

So you missed out the rest of the criteria I cant imagine why .

• Have a disability as defined below:
    • A social / communication impairment such as Aspergers syndrome / other ASD
    • Blind or has a serious visual impairment uncorrected by glasses
    • Deaf or has a serious hearing impairment
    • Long standing illness or health condition such as cancer, HIV, diabetes, chronic heart disease, or epilepsy
    • A mental health condition, such as depression, schizophrenia, or anxiety disorder
    • A specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, or AD(H)D
    • A physical impairment or mobility issues, such as difficulty using arms, or using a wheelchair or crutches
    • A disability, impairment, or medical condition that is not listed above
  • Are a young carer
    • This means that you look after a relative with a disability, illness, mental health condition, or drug or alcohol problem
  • Are care experienced
    • Being care experienced means you will have spent time living with foster carers under local authority care, in residential care (e.g. a children’s home), looked after at home under a supervision order, or in kinship care with relatives or friends, either officially (e.g. a special guardianship order) or informally without local authority support
  • Are estranged
    • An estranged person is someone who no longer has the support of their parents, and often also other family members, due to a permanent breakdown in their relationship which has led to ceased contact. This might mean your biological, step or adoptive parents, or wider family members who have been responsible for supporting you in the past.
2 Likes

Abhorrent, what sinister cabal is behind this. The same as those responsible for this?

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/23724715.happened-missing-fine-city-signs-norwich/

[Quote]

One man, who did not wish to be named, living in Bowthorpe said he felt the missing signs “brought shame in our city”.

He said: "It’s astonishing it has taken this long and that they have no idea what has happened.

"They’ve been missing so long, this has become a matter of pride. They’re such a big part of our Norwich DNA everyone who lives here knows them.

“It just seems people don’t care about the appearance of the city, it’s out of order.”

Norwich City Council has been contacted for comment, while a Norfolk County Council spokesman confirmed the signs did not fall within its remit.

[Unquote]

:laughing: Not much does.

I haven’t seen any quite that specific, but there have been many which state that “Priority will be given to women, members of the ethnic community, members of the LGBT+ community, those of an economically diverse background…etc etc”

Anything other than “If you can do the job properly, its yours” mindset. Its just a checkbox exercise and lives are being put at risk (if not already lost) because of it.

1 Like

An inaccurate reading of the criteria . I think you missed the first priority on the list.

“Are currently or previously have been eligible for free school meals”

How far back do they go and do they require evidence? :laughing:

Previously would imply at any time since they started school and yes I would imagine they would be records available, Why you thinking of applying.

Not at all, no…I’ve been to Uni already thanks :slight_smile:

From the website :

"In the UK, this work has already begun: we have a plan for how to do this and a growing alliance of supporters. "

Seems they already have a “plan” so it’s not really up to us. I’m trying to find out who Compass are but there’s not much information out there. There’s a Compass (think tank) entry on wiki but I don’t know whether that is connected. Says it’s a centre-left pressure group.

I would say with anything like this, be careful what you wish for etc. People will use movements like this as a vehicle for their own power grabbing dreams.

2 Likes

So the NHS receives 50% more in real terms than when Gordo Brown was in office.

Increased spending requires increased size economy. There are dozens of issues the left say requires drastic spending increases.

Without growth you have to gradually reduce real spending

Or you borrow more

The plan 24/25

history :

And, the problem with reduced growth is…?

1 Like