Real people don't care about No 10 lockdown parties, says Commons leader Mark Spencer

Mark Spencer stuck by comments he made in December, when he said Prime Minister Boris Johnson “will not have lied” about the gatherings.

Spencer replaced Jacob Rees-Mogg as Commons leader in a cabinet reshuffle.

He was formerly the government chief whip, in charge of party discipline.

In December, he told Radio Nottingham: “I am assured that everybody in that building played by the rules. I’m told there weren’t any parties. The prime minister will not have lied about any parties.”

The Metropolitan Police are now investigating 12 events in Downing Street and Whitehall for alleged breaches of lockdown rules, including three the prime minister reportedly attended and one in his own flat.

The liar lies about a liar … :man_shrugging:

With 100% certainty, I can quite categorically state this real person agrees with him. I couldn’t give a flying fart about them - they happened, get on with it.

2 Likes

Well, you would do, wouldn’t you … :wink:

1 Like

With 100% certainty, I can quite categorically state this real person agrees with you :lol:

Mr Spencer confirmed that Lord Geidt, the PM’s adviser on ministerial interests, is carrying out the investigation into accusations of Islamophobia, made against him by fellow Conservative MP Nusrat Ghani.

Last month, the prime minister asked the Cabinet Office to “establish the facts” regarding Ms Ghani’s claim that she was sacked as a minister because of concerns about her “Muslimness” in 2020. Lord Geidt is understood to be working with the Cabinet Office team on the investigation.

Ms Ghani said she was told by a government whip that her faith made colleagues “uncomfortable”.

Mr Spencer strongly denied making the alleged comments, saying the accusations were “completely false” and “defamatory”.

Well, he would say that, wouldn’t he … :question:

I must admit, I don’t care either. :102:

1 Like

Well I do care really.

I care that the people who are supposed to help and support us, let us down by making rules that we all followed, and yet they didn’t.

People died, and they drank prosecco until it was coming out of their ears. Boris lies and lies, get a slap, sings “I will survive” and lies some more.

People are still becoming ill with this virus, and some are still dying.

Its a disgusting corrupt government and I hope they all rot in h***.

5 Likes

As, indeed, do I … :+1:

1 Like

Well in that case, I care too. :hugs:

3 Likes

Well Mark Spencer can go and do one.

Who the beep does he think he is to say what “real” people think?

So all of us who are furious and hurting over missing seeing dying family, not being able to have proper funerals etc, while Johnson was partying, aren’t real now?

Typical Tory lack of empathy

Reminds me of when Farage said Brexit was a victory for “decent” people :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

So now I’m not real and I’m not decent?

Well, to hell with the pair of them, I’m a lot more “real” and “decent” than they’ll ever be.

5 Likes

But how do we know you’re real?

Well, something’s affected BJ’s ‘popularity’

1 Like

Real people don’t care about No 10 lockdown parties, says Commons leader Mark Spencer.
Yes, I too couldn’t give a tinker’s toss about any of it. Get on with running the country while we still have one🤬

3 Likes

Well, so far BJ’s made a pig’s ear of running the country … :pig:

3 Likes

What have you got against the porcine animals, that their ears be verbally abused in such a way? Shame on you!

2 Likes

@Harbal , Me too Harbie !!
I’m more interested in the price of gas !!
Donkeyman!! :frowning::frowning:

2 Likes

Thank you :joy:

Frack it!!

4 Likes

Fear not, BJ will let the price of gas double this year … it will be the making of several billionaires … :wink:

@Omah , And all Russian by the sound of it ??
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::-1: