Ration Books, Coming Shortly?

I think our @Tedc is having a bit of a joke there @Donkeyman .:smiley:

2 Likes

@Tedc , Oooer? I thought you were going to say " because my car is petrol" !!
Could’ve been expensive then ??
Donkeyman! :+1::+1:

:joy_cat: :joy_cat:

1 Like

But rationing is happening in some form.
I do my weekly grocery shop online and they are limiting the amount of certain items you can buy.I suppose in fairness it’s to prevent people stocking up like last year.
I mean who need 42 tins of sardines !

Hi

The last time ration books were printed was during the 3 day week and they were not used then.

In the event of a significant attack on the UK not everyone or every family will get one.

It is as brutal as that.

@swimfeeders , Do we need enemies when we have people like ourselves ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

Rationing?
Like of what?
:man_shrugging:
I’ve just visited three different major supermarkets today in the course of my fortnightly shop and all of them seemed well-stocked, and there were certainly no restrictions to what I wanted to buy instore and none that I noticed either.
That could be because I didn’t try buying four trolleyloads of loo rolls or three trolleyloads of milk though.

1 Like

@Zaphod Maybe sense will prevail, but l think most of the panicking
concerns petrol and diesel at the moment ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

I think that most of the panicking is caused by our media and by some gullible idiots imagining what isn’t really there.
Where are all the cars littering our roads because there’s no fuel?
Anybody?

About a hundred miles I’ve done today, give or take.
Not one single stranded car have I seen.
Not one.

@Zaphod ,Exactly that, and don’t forget Boris telling us there was nothing
to be worried about concerning fuel supplies !!
Of course everybody assumed he was lying again ??
Donkeyman! :grin::grin:

I’m pretty sure that the only reason he said anything in the first place is because the BBC’s Laura Keunssberg asked him, and surely by now everybody knows that the BBC seems to have a “thing” about every story containing gloom and doom.
Don’t they?

1 Like

I wonder why :slight_smile:

Are these shortages because of Covid or Brexit?

1 Like

Both, I think

They really need to learn by experience and stop telling people not to panic buy

As soon as those words come out of a politician’s mouth, you know it’s serious and triggers people to panic buy

If they played it down and just said “yes, things are a bit short at the moment but we’re sorting it out” it would be much better

1 Like

@ Brucy, The only thing we’re short of is truck drivers Brucy !!
The refineries are over flowing, the wholesalers are overstocked !?
But the trucks have no drivers ??
Apparently they’ve all gorn back to eastern Europe ??
You couldn’t make this shyte up !! :grin::grin:
Donkeyman! :sob::sob:

DM,

Reading recent Newspaper articles, it seems that the driver shortage may be fixed by re-skilling the illegal immigrants!

I am not joking!

@Tedc , Oh me gawd !!
What twat thought that up ??
Mind you it would kill two birds with one stone if you ignore the re- skilling
issues ??
Perhaps it would be better to train them to be politicians to create the new
political party we so sorely need ??:frowning:
Donkeyman! :sob::sob:

1 Like

Take your pick @Bruce
Brexit, Covid, Lorry Driver Shortage, Gas Prices, The Russians, The Chinese, The weather, Climate Change, Every kid leaving school going to university instead of training for a proper job, people expecting things from everywhere in the world instead of producing our own, Doctor Beaching closing all of the branch railway lines, bankrupting the country with HS2 and London Crossrail projects, allowing millions more people into the country that we can’t possibly feed, house, supply utilities, supply them with health care, and provide enough transport on overcrowded roads with nowhere near enough lorry drivers and transport…

3 Likes

It depends upon who is voicing what opinion, but it seems odd to blame Brexit when there is a shortage of drivers right the way acrosss the EU too with Germany having a shortage of 60,000 itself and Poland - are you ready for this? - 124,000 short for example.

IMHO it’s more to do with Covid, & here’s why I say this:
Here in the UK, many of our HGV drivers are of an older age range for various reasons which I won’t go into here.
Since Covid restrictions affected us, many have retired BUT there hasn’t been new drivers qualifying to replace them; driver training and test centres have been closed.
Which logically means that shortages of HGV drivers was almost inevitable.