Rake or leaf blower

Which would you use seeing this is only come down in the last 2 days and the leaves have not really started to fall yet

Personally I would do nothing at all and wait for there to be
more leaves to make it worthwhile doing anything.
:upside_down_face: :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah. Then I’d rake them up to make leaf mold for my plants.

2 Likes

Already taken 12 large plastic sacks to the dump. Raking tears up the grass if the lawn is damp and I don’t want to spend a whole day raking them up. So still going to use the leaf blower as usual. Nowhere to store heaps of oak leaves either seeing the amount collected each year

Turn your leaf blower into suction mode

We don’t have a leaf blower, so it’s blood, sweat and tears along with a rake for me. :grimacing: Too windy just now so it will have to wait untill a calm day. :laughing:

That indicates to me that you had already decided on the blower before posing your question.

1 Like

[quote=“LongDriver, post:7, topic:86692”]
That indicates to me that you had already decided on the blower before posing your question.

I agree.

1 Like

yes i had already decided. i just wondered what others would do.
ruthio
this is a petrol blower it doesn’t suck

Had this for a few years now and not over expensive either(around ÂŁ100+approx). Only issues were the plastic fuel pipes which needed replacing by better quality ones

old fuel pipes

Got one of these as well which suck/blow. Biggest load of crap ever bought. To start with the bag is too small -weights a ton when nearly full and unweildy especially when wet. The zip to do up when wet is a real pain pain . On top or that dragging a long power lead across damp grass is not a good idea. needless to say
we have hardly used it as it is totally unsuitable for the job it is supposed to do.
Only thing i can think of is using it between plants, but even then the bag fouls up on the plants, so really useless

Each Autumn I have millions of leaves here. They are a nightmare to clear, you clear them and they are soon replaced by even more!

My lovely boyfriend saw me struggling with them and bought me a surprise present… a Greenworks cordless jet blower model. G40ABK2 (40 volts lithium battery)
It really is the business and now l am able to blow all the leaves into one place to put them in the green bins, or onto the soil areas of the garden.

1 Like

We use our mower on the highest cut that then just sucks up the leaves…

the small twigs that fall with the leaves can eventually damage the cutting blades which is why maybe not a good idea

I’ve got as Still petrol blower. It’s great, even blows leaves when they are wet.

If you say so, but we’ve been doing it for at least twenty years without a problem…

Burn em’. The Druids used to and got a little high.

I had a leaf sucker/blower but found it was tooooo heavy for me, and also although it said it could me used on wet leaves the darn thing kept clogging. My flymo hover mower, (Patrick) is very obliging though, also he likes show tunes, rather a gay blade don’t you think.

Oh dear will I be accused of homophobia and sat on the naughty step.

@realspeed Rake or leaf blower?

Lawn service. They use blowers.

With a name like that, l bet he drinks pints of Guinness too!!

1 Like