Rake or leaf blower

I’m going to go against the norm and suggest that you leave the leaves as is.

In my opinion, I feel it’s nature’s way of protecting and nourishing the soil over the cold winter months since the leaves act as a natural fertiliser.

Isn’t nature just perfect! Everything that occurs has a purpose. Now that’s perfection.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I came here to say the same thing…it might look untidy for a while, but its not as if we are sitting in our gardens at this time of year anyway :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

@Artangel Will have to ask Patrick Mower about the Guinness, but I love a pint of the black stuff, usually have it with a cocktail cherry.

1 Like

Personally I think leaf blowers are an invention of the devil but if you have acres of garden I suppose they would be useful . I quite like the leaves to cover my flower beds and it’s somehow natural to have a leaf blanket for winter .

Thing is though when you do that they tend to eventually decompose into a mushy brown mess and kill the grass underneath.

Minx, Have you ever slipped on wet leaves? I have and twisted my ankle badly.
Yes, they are fine to leave if they are on the garden but not fine on paths or pavements.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree Artangel. Paths or pavements should be clear. RS picture indicated a lawn hence my viewpoint

Ok, I’ll let you off!! Ha! Just joking!

So where do you blow it to?

That is our problem, I am not sure how many trees we got to the back front and side gardens, could be twenty or more and all higher than the house.

We got no where to blow the leaves, and we have loads of leaves… usually we have at least two large sand bags that we fill,

You could always move to a place where the trees are evergreens. I never have any trouble with leaves or leaf blowers.

My BH is a gardener,she uses both.

1 Like

Do you just supervise then?

I am qualified for that position but I find it causes some tension so don’t.

1 Like

I bet it does :069:

1 Like