Radio channel you prefer

What radio do you always listen to? Funnily enough I love 2 channels. Radio 2 but only in the car. Radio 4 only at home when I am sofa surfing. Local radio is a never-never to me. So mundane. But it is my partner’s all ways on channel. Thank heavens for headphones !!

I too am a fan of Radio 2 throughout the day but if I am awake in the wee small hours I like to listen to Dotun Adebayo on Radio 5 Live. Like the OP, I’m really not keen on local radio.

Classic FM in the car. Never listen to radio at home

Radio 4 at home and Classic FM in the car.

I always listen to radio 4 extra, I’m fortunate that I can listen on my personal radio whilst at work most of the time especially if I’m decorating a room, in the car I usually listen to radio York to and from work, occasionally I will listen to gold uk ,

I’ve no loyalty to one particular radio station.
I listen first thing to Nick Ferrari
Then I get Alexa play 80s pop while I get the house sorted.
later I might have a bit of BBC sounds
I no longer own a radio instead I listen on iPad and Echo dot

Radio 4 at 05:20hrs for the shipping forecast as I’m coastal and then if I feel the need, Classic FM.

Radio Paradise for me…I love the eclectic-ness of it. :radio:

Radio ga ga….

Personally I listen to the ABC Illawarra but I see this thread is in the music section and they play little music, it is mostly news and interviews, I never listen to music on the radio because I have a Walkman and Spotify, I suppose some radio stations play music but not the ones I listen to.

Radio 2, it makes me shout at the car radio, the presenters are so pretentious. :angry:

LBC and Classic FM, smooth classics at seven being my favourite programme.

Goodness, it all sounds very high brow.

Radio Caroline or Caroline Flashback.
Sometimes Planet Rock
Or LBC when Nick Abbot is on.

But also ABC (Australia) Grandstand for Aussie Sport,ESPN radio or Westwood one for American sport.
And Five live Sports extra for the cricket.
And Radio 4 for Just a Minute and I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue

1 Like

Listen to LBC with NF. today listening to Radio Caroline. If you would like to listen to other radio stations all over the world try Radio Garden

no radio for me. Back in the 60s & 70s I loved lots of pop but no more.

Wasn’t it possible to tune in to the old bill in the dim and distant past?
The audio was a bit scratchy and I think you’d only receive one side of the conversation… might have been on long wave but it was certainly reality radio.

1 Like

It might have been on short wave or one of the CB wireless channels. When I lived in Berinsfield UK as a youth, we used to tune in and listen in and if anyone on the estate was mentioned we would pass the message on. Anything to help the boys in blue …

Used to be on FM,along with Taxis.
Between about 100 and 108 on the dial and below 88.
Now you can get apps for that sort of thing( America anyway)