Radio channel you prefer

Ah! It certainly wasn’t CB, this was definitely pre Smokey and the Bandit :wink:

I think that must have been it, FM. The other slightly unusual Chanel I remember tuning into as a kid was Radio Moscow.

Oh yeah.
They were on medium wave as well as Shortwave.Broadcasting from a powerful transmitter in Kaliningrad.That lasted until they closed down.
As was Radio Sweden who had a brilliant live cult music show on Saturday evening.
American Forces Network used to boom in from Germany which was great for American sport.
Yesterday I discovered Neede AM on 1008 kHz only to find out it was their last day!
They played great music!

1 Like

Blimey!!! what sort of estate was that (how many tower Blocks?) you would have had to have had a death wish to start eavesdropping and reporting on the estate I remember. :laughing:

1 Like

The radio nerds out there(I’m one)
might like playing around with this

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

There are others.
The chat box is handy.
Putting in 648 kHz will get you Radio Caroline’s MW broadcast.
Still a surprising amount on Shortwave.
As I type I’m listening to Radio Mi Amigo.

I don`t like the radio but my husband listens to Cannock Chase radio.

1 Like

Planet rock
Five live
Radio 3
and others
depends on mood

Bluegrass Country
I haven’t listened to this station for years.
Still around , good :slightly_smiling_face:

Radio 2 in the car, but anywhere else you have to have an account to tune in.

If l listen to the radio, it’s usually via Alexa or via tv. I like LBC, Talk Rado, Times Radio and Radio2 for Pop-Master only.
It’s on at 10.30am each weekday for about 15 minutes. I am a bit rubbish on the music questions after the 1960/70’s

We used to listen in on police messages. Obviously not able to do so these days.

1 Like