Question For The Ladies regarding your hair

If you have hairdressers claiming that curly hair is easier to cut than straight hair then without a doubt, your hairdressers are either lying or don’t know how to cut curly hair which isn’t a surprise cause most hairdressers don’t.

Think about it. Even if a hair dresser managed to get every piece of hair the same length, they have to take into consideration curl pattern. Not all hair has the exact same curl pattern so even this doesn’t work.

Most hairdressers don’t know how to cut curly hair. The very fact that they’d wash it with the same shampoo as someone with straight hair proves just that. Then while wet they will stretch out each section of hair and cut it. This rarely works with very curly hair due to different curl patterns. Curly hair needs to be cut either dry or just damp due to that.

Many hairdressers cut far too much hair off due to the above fact. Some hair dressers don’t know that most curly hair shouldn’t be brushed but they will try and brush it, only to make a frizzy mess.

Most hair dressers don’t realize that curly hair shouldn’t be washed with any type of sulphate based shampoo or silicone based shampoo. It’s not intended for curly hair.

Most hairdressers don’t know which products to use for curly hair, don’t know how to wash or dry curly hair , let alone cut it.

YOUR hairdressers know how to cut YOUR hair well. Thats all you need to know. Unless your hair is curly, you have no idea how difficult curly hair is to deal with

Most hair dressers don’t even realize there are specific curl patterns. They are from 1a to 4c. 1 a having NO curl pattern to 4 c which is tight kinky / curly hair.

How can any hair dresser claim that cutting 4c hair is easier than cutting 1a? Most people who ARE NOT hairdressers know this isn’t true.

And now because you’ve had 2 years hair cutting experience , you think you know curly hair better than someone who has it due to what 2 hairdressers claim?

Give your head a good shake there Pauline.

I’ve got 50 years experience cutting curly hair. Its VERY difficult to cut. Even after 50 years experience, it’s still exceptionally difficult and I’ve got 2c to 3a curl pattern. You most likely have 1a. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s your own experience.

I have my own experience of hair cutting as a trainee. which I ain’t repeating,never said I was an expert…those are your own words that you are adding about me and thinking, I’m not getting into any argument with you over it…I was talking from my own personal experience, when I was being taught how to cut hair by Raymond, thick hair was easy to cut and style, more so if it was wavy…I never cut any Afro hair,
My hairdresser is also an expert in his field and knows only to well what products to use on a clients hair…so completely disagree with you on that level as well.
So will stand by what I’ve already posted.
My hairdresser is a top hairdresser…and will take his professional word over yours…and no he’s not a liar.

So will leave it there.:pray:…have a nice day.

1 Like

You claimed , word for word, ‘thick curly hair is easier to cut than straight hair.’ Your reference was because your hairdressers told you so.

I never claimed you to be an expert . I’m not sure what words you are reading. I’ll say it again, anybody ( hairdresser or not ) who claims thick curly hair is easier to cut than straight hair, doesn’t have a clue what they are talking about.

I’m not an expert either. I’ve just had curly hair for 62 years. You haven’t.

I’m not arguing with you. Just telling you you’re wrong.

I will have a nice day thank you and you also. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Are you unanimous in that? :wink::point_right::grin:

1 Like

I must say since Ian has been cutting my hair, I’ve been able to grow it, without ever having to cut the fringe, it’s not long ,but it’s much softer on my face, I have never ever found a hairdresser like him, my style is like that of Princess Diana, when she was dating Dodi Fayed…

I also use mousse on my hair when I dry it, after which I put heated rollers in…for some reason it also feels much thicker…

Joe also coloured it for me, I love how the natural silver is growing out, soon it will be all that colour,:heartpulse:

It’s in desperate need of a trim at the back…Ian is back on Wed, poor guy has been off with covid.

1 Like

Very chic Pauline

4 Likes

Thanks Rhian.

Much softer on the face at my age,:wink:

2 Likes

Afro hair is inclusive in ‘thick curly’ so if you didn’t know this how can you state that thick curly hair is easier to cut?

This isn’t a put down of you or your hair dresser.
Your hair is lovely and nicely cut.

I just cannot believe your hair is more difficult to cut than someone with an Afro.

Anyway I’m over invested in this conversation.

1 Like

Both the cut and color are very flattering! Really like the lipstick too.

2 Likes

I have fine long straight hair and coloured with medium golden brown. It looks more of a red but it’s a nice colour. My original colour is brunette but it always turns out darker. I don’t wash it in the shower I like to do it seperate so that i can condition it well. I wash it twice a week and let it dry naturally and always give myself enough time to do so. Haven’t been to a hairdressers for 30 years, I trim it myself.

2 Likes

I hate my hair, it’s just dead straight and thin, no body to it at all and I can’t do anything with it, it just sits lank. I’d love to have just a bit of kink in it. I tried rollers and curling tongs in the past but it just drops out even after lacquering it.

I always dye mine blonde, I was very blonde as a child but when I had my son its like he stripped all the colour from my hair because since then it’s been a yucky mucky blonde. I like my hair light blonde, it brightens my face.

I have longish slightly wavy hair and I love it as it keeps my legs warm in winter, better than any long johns or thermal leggings. Summer can be a problem as it makes me itch.