Question For The Ladies regarding your hair

I think I’ll leave my own thread now…do carry on…:rofl::joy::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

pauline3

I never knew a barber cut woman’s hair.

It’s unisex Pauline.
A no fuss salon. Just a place to get a cut - men or women.

2 Likes

DIY here, just about to give it a once over as it happens.

4 Likes

My hair takes a lot of precision cutting, or I can’t do a thing with it, it’s fine, but I have plenty of it…

No one can touch my hair when it comes to cutting, only Ian can cut my hair…plus my hair is dead straight…thick curly hair is easier to style and cut.

1 Like

Yea Gods i certainly couldn’t be bothered to put my hair in curlers every day .
I have fine hair
I wash it in the shower every other day and blow dry it.

1 Like

If you find a hair stylist who gives you a good cut, stick with them. As a cosmetologist myself for 40 years (licensed) but no longer practicing, except for occasional friends’ cuts (men and women).
A good cut is the foundation of less fuss when stylng. If you need to put curlers in your hair because of volume, then change products like mousse. A light blow drying is the secret, as it gives your hair follicles and cuticle a chance to close. Those of you who say you’d never use a blow dryer but will use a straightener, is actually doing more damage by applying direct heat to the hair shaft, and damaging hair strength.

Hair spray can be a flexible tool, but a little movement when in a breeze can’t be a bad thing. More relaxed and fluid styles is acceptable and less fussy.

It’s all what you get used to, though. Whatever style you choose, it should be one you are comfortable with.

Lesson for the day over. Just one stylist’s take… :blush:

3 Likes

Mine is now short and messy and naturally salt and pepper. I have been every colour though, blonde , highlights , red, multi coloured, purples and pinks .

Now just me

3 Likes

Practically bald so I shave it, same time as my boat race.

2 Likes

My hair is very fine, I just wash it & leave it to dry naturally if I’m not going anywhere straight away.

2 Likes

I was on the internet and found this grooming device that changed my life. It’s called a comb, I sent the link to Boris. Shower, dry, shave, comb end of story.

2 Likes

Pauline if you send me your address I will post you a few strands! :grin: :wink:

3 Likes

Its amazing how your hair is fine and no problem then you go to bed one night …next morning the gremlins have visited and you can’t do a thing with it…thats the day I book an appointment.

I’m not one for routine my hair tells me when to book and it varies.

2 Likes

lol, I swear there is an aviary nearby someone forgets to lock at night. but don’t worry, all those wayward birds find a cozy nest on top of my head :grin:

4 Likes

I have always had long, fairly thick hair which was a lovely dark brown. In later years I always wore it in an updo of some sort. As the years went by I started colouring it and continued until about 3 years ago. It is now silvery grey and sadly much finer than it was and I SO miss my thicker hair. I never use anything heated on my hair. All my friends are grey now and just one is still colouring her hair.

2 Likes

Yes my hair is thick , silver grey and 3 feet long. I air dry it after washing it. It takes most of the day to dry and dries in long coils. ( 3 c ) I usually wear it in a long braid to my butt but also wear it up in a bun.

1 Like

My wife (to satisfy the critics) has the best unattended hair ever, its amazing, for 60+, never seen the like before.

2 Likes

No it’s not. Thick curly hair is very difficult to cut.

1 Like

Oh, but yours is beautiful ! Lucky woman!

4 Likes

Fine hair that is silky to the touch, but that’s about the only positive thing I can say about it! I’ve also basically the same style (chin length bob) since I’ve had hair. I shower and wash it at least once a day (running and surfing require it) and have since adolescence. That may sound preposterous but since it dries in five minutes, why not!

In two more decades, I will be the little old lady with the sparse teased curls and pink scalp that we have all sat behind in church. Good enough if I can live that long!

2 Likes

Not according to my hairdresser it’s not, he also said it can be styled better, which is quite easy to understand as there’s much more to play with,he’s not the only hairdresser that has told me that…even better to style if they have a natural wave.

I was also an apprentice hairdresser ,did around 2 years, never qualified as the profession wasn’t for me,I found thick hair much easier to work with, on the models I used to practice cutting on.perming and setting,.you could get away with steps showing on thick hair ,especially if it was wavy,not on fine hair though,…I loved the perming stages, …had to make sure all of that perm lotion was out, before the neutraliser was applied.
The shop that I worked at is still open to this day…Cristo took it over, I think he has retired…maybe sold it…it’s still a hairdressing salon…every time I pass it, brings back memories …I had only just left school and was so excited to start work and earning money, pay was very low…I learnt a lot about the hair follicle, never forgot the stages to perming, in those days we never wore gloves for tinting , so ended up with brown tipped fingers and nails.

1 Like