Quality Street axes famous plastic wrappers on chocolates after 86 years as part of green drive

• Well, as an ardent colour fanatic, I hope the “new” wrappings will be equally as bright and cheery. Opening a tin of these at Christmas and seeing all the pretty colours - you just knew which chocolate to pick…for me it was the purple one (Brazil nut with toffee)
4 Likes

Chocolates such as strawberry delight will continue to come in bright wrapping which will instead be coated in a vegetable-based wax.

I’ll reserve judgement … :069:

1 Like

Ugh, that sounds quite off-putting :face_vomiting: Don’t think I’ll be having that one.

1 Like

Hi

Much better to reduce single use plastic where we can

2 Likes

Hmmmm. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think it’s a bit of a publicity stunt too, it’s got us all thinking about Quality Street just in time for Chrimbo !:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :christmas_tree:

I suppose waxed paper means they won’t be shiny anymore?

My mum used to tell a tale about how when there wasn’t much money around when they were children, her big sister got a box from a boyfriend and put them on strings and hung them on the tree

Weren’t they in foil before it was plastic or was that different ones?

My brother used to be really good at twisting the foil wrappers into a tiny fairy goblet you could drink out of!

4 Likes

Bright and cheery?
How dare you! :wink:

Me too, Costco do a 2kg tin at Christmas you can’t have too much of a good thing

1 Like

I’m all for it.

2 Likes

I used to do that too! Looks so pretty!

Oh that first look at the colours when you open the tin…can’t beat it! And the smell. I just hope they keep the wrappers like that, and not have them dulled down…:frowning_face:

2 Likes

I am not sharing

1 Like

wax paper is classier than plastic, don’t you think?

1 Like

Thats a bit extreme…would do me all year that lot! :scream:

What? The chocolates? yes me too :joy:

1 Like

Not on Quality Street chocolates. You don’t get the same rustle with wax paper. Takes all the fun out of it! Bah humbug.

You have to share…its Christmas. Thems the rules.

hmmmm never considered that, but wax paper is secretly nice.

1 Like

Hmm…I’ll update you at Christmas time once I test them out :thinking: I’ll send you them once I’ve eaten all the chocs up :yum: :joy: Wax paper is for puddings!

Whose rules…yours? I will send you ONE in the post at Christmas

1 Like

Thank you :pray:

Make it purple and make it shiny :smiley:

I am not going to be led down that path you cheeky little minx :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like