Products that really work

How are you liking your new boots Chilli?

I’m liking them very much thank you Chelsea. I’m glad I went for this make, I’m in Scotland breaking them in, not they need it.

I’ll probably get my winter boots from Grisport too… I’m rather impressed :+1:

2 Likes

Good GP scissors from Fiskars.
I am pleased to report that my latest buy of a pair of 21cm Titanium non-stick scissors from Fiskars have proved to be a good buy and have exceeded my expectations :point_right: super sharp and comfortable on my hand :+1:
I bought mine via my browser price searcher which found e-bay to be the best price of £10.49 which also included delivery to my door. The highest was £23.07.
Fiskars 21cm Titanium Non-Stick Universal Purpose Scissors 3359900054130 | eBay

2 Likes

I find OXO products really good.

My favourite one is a set of graters and slicers, which come in a handy plastic boxed set. You can use the top of the box to secure the grater or slicer and catch the grated food in. So it acts as both a grater and a Mandoline slicer.
In the set I have, there is 4 different boards and a food grip to protect your fingers. In addition to the fine grater and coarse grater, there’s a slicer and a julienne strip slicer - I find the julienne slicer the most useful of all.

I was given it as a present about 10 years ago but you can still buy them.
Of all the graters I’ve had in my lifetime, this is the sharpest, easiest one to use and the easiest one to clean.

I’ve found it on Lakeland so you can see what it’s like - but Lakeland is always pricey, so I expect you can buy it more cheaply elsewhere.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/19307/oxo-good-grips-complete-grate-and-slice-set

PS Oops! I notice now that Lakeland have stopped selling this product - sorry! It may still be available at other retailers

2 Likes

How are they for sweating and breathability?
I normally don’t pick leather cause I normally need to throw mine in the washing machine otherwise they stink. How are they? I did notice the spray you purchased as well .

That’s a fine looking boot though.

1 Like

I’ll second that Boot, my son has a very grippy OXO vegetable peeler which is also very sharp!
I also have an OXO mouli which really is a quality piece of kit.

I can’t comment on Lakeland,. we got our products from Amazon.

So far no probs, I haven’t sprayed them with anything, just worked in some beeswax dubbin, left it for an hour before removing the excess and finally worked them up to a shine with dark brown renovating polish for good measure.

Oh, and added some odour eater insoles just to deal with any potential unpleasantness :wink:

1 Like

Insoles work great. I purchase those also with added charcoal

1 Like

I don’t do any of that - I just wear them!

1 Like

My dad was ex army , he taught me how to bull up boots at an early age, I used to practice on my Doc Martens.

1 Like

Whilst browsing the net for something else, I bumped into another thing I had been thinking about but never did take it further. A stick-up rechargeable motion sensing small light fitting. I decided to buy one and it actually works.
I don’t know how the supplier does it for the money, but they do and I’ve since ordered two more of the biggest available (40LED’s) at only £4.90 each delivered for the warm white version.

Wireless LED PIR Motion Sensor Light Strip Cabinet Lamp Closet USB Rechargeable- | eBay

Thyristor Drives…