Products that really work

For months I suffered from an itchy scalp & yet the cause was invisible.

I stopped using mousse & hairspray and used baby shampoo but still my scalp itched.
Then I came across this product & I’ve had no itching since I started using it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neutrogena-Therapeutic-Shampoo-125ml-PACK/dp/B00ULLKRYC/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2FUFD86O9DQ7&keywords=t+gel+shampoo+medicated+shampoo+2+in+1&qid=16682810

I thought it might be a good idea if we could have a thread about products that really work.
It could be personal, household, medical, garden - anything that does a good job…

Have you discovered any product that pleases you?

2 Likes

Hmm…I can’t think of anything particularly glossy and exciting but here goes.
Kryptonite D bars for my bikes, had a few of those over the years, Magnum boots and Opinel knives.
I took my son out to choose an Opinel when he was practicing a little basic bushcraft for his Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award. It’s a really nice, usable little tool. I’m thinking trying one of their kitchen range of blades, maybe at Christmas.

2 Likes

Beer…any beer works for me, after a skinful I can speak a foreign language.

2 Likes

Grisport boots. Brilliant! I’de even wear them in bed if my wife didn’t object…

2 Likes

I’ve not heard of Grisport boots up until now, I’ve just had a quick look.
I’m quite taken by The Ranger Hiking Boot, great colour, high leg and rather comfortable looking.

My husband has a beard and has found that Argan Oil (we get it in Pound Shops) has vastly improved it and also the skin around it.

2 Likes

Thank you sir! When I was working I had elegant foot wear when I was in the office. And when I was in industry I was required to use safety boots with steel toe caps. Now that I am retired I can select what I wear.

2 Likes

I love my Brabantia ironing board cover.

It’s so well made & designed. Better than any other. It’s made my ironing board like a new one. :blush:

I have 3 pair of grisport walking boots as well they don’t seem to wear out.

1 Like

But RS - why do you need three pairs if they never wear out? :thinking:

2 Likes

One for each foot and love the smell of them :rofl: the old ones for gardening- one for general day wear and posh ones for kicking backsides :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m on my third pair - I do a lot of walking with my hairy dog.

1 Like

I suffer with sinus problems. Prescription nasal spray didn’t do a thing. Started using Vick’s Sinex spray, Whilst it did work at clearing my nose, I found it uncomfortable to use. I, next, used Otrivine which worked for me very well, without the harshness of Vicks.

1 Like

There’s been a lot of talk about air fryers on here but I like my original Actifry with the paddle that pushes the food around.

I get the nicest chips made with just a tablespoonful of extra virgin olive oil.

Who doesn’t dream of healthy chips eh? :laughing:

1 Like

Yep, after a considerable amount of window shopping I’ve just ordered a pair of Grisport boots to replace my rapidly disintegrating Decathlon footwear.
One size larger than normal as you do with walking boots.

3 Likes

These shoes really work for me:

Clarks with heavy soles, rugged yet look pretty natty with skinny Levis. Really comfy, slightly extra wide; tie them once, slip them on & off. Walk for miles everyday, on & off road, lasts a couple of years before the heal is worn down.

Same thing, different style, I’ve got both.

3 Likes

Clarks really are quality. I always got my son’s feet measured in Clarks for school shoes. Not the cheapest option but worth every penny.

I’ve been wearing Clarks on & off most of my life (70 years). Some of there shoes are not so good, but I do like these.

They certainly are stylish :+1:

Another classic… Hawkins Astronaut, real quality!
I couldn’t possibly justify splashing out on a pair though.

1 Like