Prince Harry wants to pay for security

So Prince Harry wants to be able to pay for police security when he and his family visit the U.K. and is asking for a judicial review because they’ve said he can’t

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-harry-home-office-police-protection-b1993962.html?amp

Several things I think about this ……

Do we want them to visit and is it in the public interest if they do?

If they do visit, they probably do need good security

Ordinary people like you and me aren’t allowed to buy police time and pay to have them diverted from their other duties to look after us

If they want to visit, they should pay for private security. He says it’s not adequate, well, pay for more!

I’m sure the Queen and Royal Family would like to see them ( well, perhaps not all of them!) But this is essentially a private “jolly” so they shouldn’t demand the use of public resources.

If they don’t think private security is adequate they should stay away

5 Likes

I agree. They chose to move away and “be private”, yet they want to come back here and be treated like royalty…errr nope. They want to have security, they pay for it. Nobody thinks they are that special anyway :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Yes, but he has offered to pay for using our police for protection, though

I still think that’s cheeky. Our police force is intended to go where it’s needed, not up for hire like a private security firm.

He’s been told our police force won’t provide security, why should he be allowed to buy his way out of that?

6 Likes

Oh gawd, not them again. Just go away

7 Likes

Why don’t they ask Great Uncle Andrew for a loan for their security… whoops, sorry, l forgot, he’s got a big bill to pay soon!

Aren’t they Netflix property now? Maybe they could cough up?

1 Like

I think the stink they have stirred up is enough to keep people away

2 Likes

Ahh apologies, Maree, I misread it. I still don’t agree though…as you say, our police have better things to to than trail around after a couple of wannabee celebs from America :roll_eyes: .

3 Likes

Looks like l did too!! :laughing:

2 Likes

Security is like everything else … you get what you pay for. Fork out enuf and the security will be as tight as humanly possible; do it on the cheap, then it will be rubbish!
As for do we the pubic want busted-flush Harry n his squaw here? A big fat NO from me STAY AWAY and I’m sure many other like minded citizens will agree with me🤬

3 Likes

I’d just be happy if Prince Harry paid for dinner :heart_eyes: :rofl:

1 Like

His lawyer says, Harry wants to fund it himself, rather than the tax payer, I can’t see anything wrong with that.

Our police aren’t up for hire though Pauline…if I needed the police for something and nobody could help because they were fawning after Harry & Meg, I’d be pretty peed off! :angry:

6 Likes

British Police, buy them by the hour. :grin: :grin: As someone who pays tax & rates, try & phone them to report a crime. They are not interested. But offer an extra payment & it seems you get what you want. :rage: :rage:

Even my wife who is a Nurse & who was together with some patients & other staff being, in effect, held hostage by a former patient, who was unwell & throwing bricks at the building & thus it’s windows, could not get police help when she reported it. In fact, the uniformed yob she spoke to even threatened to report her to the Nursing standards organisation for not helping the former patient when he needed it.

So image where the average rate & tax payer stands when it comes to reporting a crime, or making a complaint without a Hospital Trust CEO making the formal complaint about the police? My wife received a written apology, but would rather have received the support she requested. The same for her colleague who was later the same shift, attacked by the same individual & thus ended up in A & E & off work. A situation that a Chief Inspector admitted was a direct result of their lack of action. The uniformed cretin who caused all this, was simply “spoken too” :flushed: :flushed:

2 Likes

You can hire private police officers for security.

If he has the funds to do so, then good luck to him and Megan,:heartpulse:

I would love to see them again, especially the children…can’t say I’m a fan, but, would still like to see them none the less.

From my own experience of the police, they would turn up after you’ve been assaulted, I’ve had plenty of experience with the police…I’m not knocking them, just what I’ve experienced in my town.

2 Likes

I like Harry to be honest I still say he left because of his memories of how his mum was treated and I wish him well . Megan , well she was the catylist that helped him make the decision. The royals are a stuffy lot and I would not want to be part of them either.

Harry should employ private security guards not our police .

I watched a documentary on Edward V111 on you tube yesterday and he was talking of the firm and how he didnt wish to be a part of it and that was 50 odd years ago . Worth watching. He seemed a decent bloke .

1 Like

Why such a private couple would want to resort to legal action is baffling. :thinking: #Irony :wink:

I’m no fan of Prince Harry, and even less of MeAgain, but I’m going to play Devil’s Advocate here. As his legal spokesman has said, Prince Harry inherited a security risk at birth. He may have walked away from the royal family, but he cannot walk far enough to escape that risk, no matter how ‘private’, or how ‘ordinary’ he wants to be. He simply can’t. And that security risk now encompasses his wife and his two children.

He has good security in the US and he can bring his team with him to the UK but neither they, nor any private security he hired in the UK, would have access to the level of British Intelligence required to keep him and his family safe. That is why he wants to use UK police security and he’s prepared to pay for it. Personally, I think that’s quite a reasonable request.

Without that security he may feel that he can never visit the UK again. OK, that wouldn’t be such a bad thing as far as I’m concerned, but I understand him wanting to see his grandmother again and it may well be that she wants to see her great grandchildren before she dies. Let’s face it, that can’t be far off now, sadly.

4 Likes

I agree with Susan. They should pay for hired securtity guards.
At least he is willing to pay for this himself though, and not expecting it to be supplied for free, so what’s wrong with that?

While I don’t much care for the pair of them - Meghan mostly - it is still right that he should be visiting his ageing Grandmother, surely? Seems to me, he’d be damned if he didn’t visit, and he’s damned if he does!

Mind you, I doubt it will go down well if they start posing for the press, charging for interviews, and inviting more publicity, which they reckon they are keen to avoid.

Slight detour here, but will Andrew lose his security guards now he is a plain Mr. and not an HRH?

1 Like

No doubt the Queen would like to see Harry again before she dies but I beg she couldn’t care less about seeing her great grandchildren.Probably rather see the corgis or foals on her stud farms I don’t know why people always assume old people go gaga over babies .

While I agree with that last bit Muddy, I expect she would still like to see her Grandson again, and Meghan and the babies come with the package.

1 Like