Prince Harry wants to pay for security

Yes Mups sorry I did edit my post to put that in at the same time as you posted .
I doubt she would be entranced to see smirking Meghan again . Anything that was said or done might end up being recycled on Oprah .

It’s OK Muddy, I realised we had both posted at the same time. :slightly_smiling_face:

I agree with you about Oprah too.

I can see if they come over here they need security.

And I think he should come and see his grandmother. Although whether he wants to do that out of affection or for publicity remains to be seen. We’ll be able to tell by the way they behave when they get here

But I don’t like the idea that our police officers are up for sale, when he’s already been told he can’t use them. And that he thinks he can get his own way and what he wants just by throwing money at it

They should have considered these things before they made their decision.

Perhaps some compromise could be arrived at by which he pays for private security officers to be physically present and organise his security, not our police officers.

But there could be some special agreement for the police to share some relevant intelligence information with his security team, and Harry to pay for that service

1 Like

Neither can I pauline!
But apparently it’s not enough for his liking.
So what does he want, circling helicopters, nuclear submarines…,fine, go right ahead and pay for what you need.

What I have the feeling he means is that private security in the U.K. are not allowed to carry guns as they are in California .

1 Like

The police are stretched enough with wasting time on those two plonkers

Ah…so that’s it, well he can shove that idea.

Oh right, never knew that, so he’s stamping his feet…tut,tut, Harry!..

That’s not good, and I’ve heard of other similar complaints about the police not doing the job we pay them (in our taxes) to do.
There’s something wrong when decent citizens are treated in this way, yet it is too much trouble for them (or they are afraid) to stand up to criminals and yobs or sometimes even to make the effort to investigate crime.

2 Likes

Ah, I hadn’t thought of that!

When Prince Charles came to plant a tree in the garden at an office where I worked, there were armed police positioned in the top floor of the building, looking down at the garden

Why does he think anyone wants to do him harm and if he thinks that the best thing is to stay where he is .

2 Likes

Well, I suppose they are always a bit of a target. Terrorists, nutters, disgruntled members of forums for the over 50s ……… :joy:

Seriously though, if I were him and I ‘d read some of the stuff that’s been aimed at him online, I’d be a bit scared too.

I don’t know if it justifies armed guards, though

They are hardly likely to staying to be staying in a travel lodge if they come to the U.K.
They can stay with Uncle Andy he has a 31 bed room mansion .
Or perhaps Charles will let him borrow Highgrove plenty of security in all these royal residents . What more does he want ?

All this media hype, Harry said this Harry said that,was he taped?

Who really knows what was said…

1 Like

That’s true. If they stay in a Royal Residence and with the Queen, they’ll benefit from that security

I suppose it’s only when they go out and about on their own they’d need extra

We don’t know exactly what Harry said in private, of course.

But we do have the official statement as made by his legal representative which Harry must have agreed with and approved.

So this is the case he’s making:

“ The full statement issued by a legal representative of Prince Harry late last night after the MoS broke the story about his legal action:

Prince Harry inherited a security risk at birth, for life. He remains sixth in line to the throne, served two tours of combat duty in Afghanistan, and in recent years his family has been subjected to well-documented neo-Nazi and extremist threats.

While his role within the institution has changed, his profile as a member of the Royal Family has not. Nor has the threat to him and his family.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex personally fund a private security team for their family, yet that security cannot replicate the necessary police protection needed whilst in the UK.

In the absence of such protection, Prince Harry and his family are unable to return to his home.

The Duke first offered to pay personally for UK police protection for himself and his family in January of 2020 at Sandringham.

That offer was dismissed. He remains willing to cover the cost of security, as not to impose on the British taxpayer.

As is widely known, others who have left public office and have an inherent threat risk receive police protection at no cost to them.

The goal for Prince Harry has been simple – to ensure the safety of himself and his family while in the UK so his children can know his home country.

During his last visit to the UK in July 2021 – to unveil a statue in honour of his late mother – his security was compromised, due to the absence of police protection, whilst leaving a charity event.

After another attempt at negotiations was also rejected, he sought a judicial review in September 2021 to challenge the decision-making behind the security procedures, in the hopes that this could be re-evaluated for the obvious and necessary protection required.

The UK will always be Prince Harry’s home and a country he wants his wife and children to be safe in. With the lack of police protection, comes too great a personal risk.

Prince Harry hopes that his petition – after close to two years of pleas for security in the UK – will resolve this situation. It is due to a leak in a UK tabloid, with surreptitious timing, we feel it necessary to release a statement setting the facts straight.”

1 Like

Maree everyone has risk in life young women get killed all the time as do children .
If he wants to come over here as a private citizen why should he be threatened it’s not like he needs to go out in public . If he’s coming to visit his family he won’t be don’t any ‘charity ‘ work or making speeches .
These people have an inflated sense of their own importance .

2 Likes

Hold on what happened about Harry’s security when he came over for Prince Phillips funeral and was it Diana’s statue unveiling? If he/family are simply coming to visit the Queen then he/family will be in where ever she is surely that involves what a plane a plane/car and then he is there. Regardless of who is in the vicinity of the Queen I imagine the area will be secure.

Is he coming over here to make public addresses and public events OR to visit the Queen?

2 Likes

The difference between private security companies in the US and the UK, Bathsheba, is that the US companies are armed whereas, in the UK, they are not (officially).

1 Like

Good security comes not via guns, but the quality of the people & if you cannot get the right people then giving the wrong people a gun, will not improve things.

An old friend who worked the circuit for many years after leaving the forces & has said for years that todays private security companies are a total mess & no better than the Police…His description, not mine. He says, a few years ago only those with genuinely relevant experience & good quality training could get work on the circuit & only then via personal invitation.

1 Like