Prince Harry in Car Chase - No Further News

I have no real time for the couple, maybe they were Scared after all this was similar to his mothers footage pre her death. And no one should be in that posiion it must trigger some sort of PTSD.

However I do think they put themselves front and centre in certain situations and seem to court the press with one hand and push away with the other.

If the institute of monarchy is so dysfunctional and part of the reason for Harry’s mental health issues then why let their children in their own eyes by “lumbered” with titles of Prince and Princess and why, have they not only kept the tiles themselves but actively use them maybe Henry and Rachel don’t have the same appeal,

Prince Harry recorded paparazzi harassment of himself, Meghan Markle and her mother Doria Ragland and will hand the files to the New York Police Department, Newsweek has been told.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s spokesperson released a statement on Wednesday, May 17, stating they were in a “a near catastrophic car chase” following an awards gala in New York City.

Harry and Meghan’s team said the trio were subjected to a “relentless pursuit, lasting over two hours,” though their account was toned down by the NYPD, New York Mayor Eric Adams and a taxi driver whose car they briefly traveled in.

Footage shot by the paparazzi was published by U.S. tabloid website TMZ (see below) in a move the Sussex camp told Newsweek was “absolutely inexcusable.”

The entitled couple allegedly demanded the Carlyle — the late Princess Diana’s favorite hotel — give them a discounted room for their New York City visit this week. According to law enforcement sources, bosses at the Carlyle refused the hefty discount, so the embattled pair instead stayed at a friend’s house on the Upper East Side.

But when the paparazzi began following them Tuesday night from the Ziegfeld Theater — in what their spokesperson claimed was a “relentless pursuit, lasting over two hours” — the duo didn’t want to lead the photographers back to their friend’s home and reveal where they were staying.

A New York City law enforcement source told Page Six: “They should have just gotten a hotel for the safety of everyone. Instead, they were cheap and wanted a free place to stay.”

According to the source, “Harry and Meghan’s people called the Carlyle ahead of the trip and asked for a discounted room, and the hotel said no. If they had just paid up and got a hotel in the first place, this supposed ‘dangerous’ paparazzi chase around town would never have happened. They would have been driven back to the Carlyle, been photographed going inside and that would have been the end of it.”

In the past, Harry and Meghan have been regulars at the Carlyle, where rooms go from around $1,240 and suites up to $6,000 a night. They checked into the iconic hotel during a visit to New York in 2021, and were seen dining at the hotel’s famed Bemelmans Bar.

Harry’s late mom, Diana, frequented the 1,800-square-foot Royal Suite on the 22nd floor of the Carlyle whenever she was in town. It now costs upward of $8,000 a night.

Why the pair didn’t pony up for a room remains a mystery, given they have a reported $100 million deal with Netflix plus numerous other business ventures.

Is it “Harry and Meghan’s people” who are causing problems?

They’re the ones who gush over H&M’s “achievements”, they’re the ones who, initially, reported a “near-catastrophic car chase and, it now seems, they’re the reason that H&M were staying at a private residence … :man_shrugging:

I’m getting the feeling that nothing they do can ever be right. If they stayed at a luxury hotel, people would complain about their extravagance. If they stay at a cheaper place, they risk more media attention. If they stay at a friend’s place, they’re cheapskates. If they fly back to their home, there might not be commercial jet flights at the time. A private jet would get them chastized.

They don’t have any choices that wouldn’t get moralized about.

1 Like

It’s their choice to be newsworthy - and Meghan splashes out for the occasion:

AFAIK, that expenditure has raised no eyebrows so $6000 for a hotel suite might have passed scrutiny, too, although $8000 for the Royal Suite might have seemed pretentious … :wink:

As I understood it, they went to receive an award that people wanted to give her. Not getting the award would be newsworthy as much as getting it. If she dressed poorly for the occasion, that could show disrespect for the people giving the award.

??? There’s a graphic with the price of her clothes. Someone had to take notice and create that graphic. Normally people don’t take pictures of people with price tags on their clothes.

1 Like

The ceremony honoured “game-changing” grantee partners and visionary leaders committed to the organisation’s mission of “advancing collective power and creating safe, just and equitable futures for women, girls, and gender-expansive people”.

The duchess, 41, received the Ms Foundation’s Women of Vision Award, recognising her “global advocacy to empower and advocate on behalf of women and girls”.

Dressed in a strapless $1,850 gold Johanna Ortiz midi dress with scalloped pattern detailing, Meghan took to the podium to the sounds of Alicia Keys’ hit song Girl on Fire.

Meghan was presented with the award by renowned journalist and feminist activist Gloria Steinem.

Her acceptance speech closed out the gala where she said: “It’s never too late to start. You can be the visionary of your own life (1) … There is still so much work to be done. I am a woman who remains inspired and driven by this organisation,” she said, looking over Ms Steinem, who introduced her alongside current foundation chief executive Teresa Younger. "It allowed me to recognise that part of my greater value and purpose in life was to advocate for those who felt unheard, to stand up to injustice, and to not be afraid of saying what is true and what is just and what is right.”

Well, if the dress wasn’t eye-catching and the script wasn’t inspirational then the car-chase will pull in the punters … :037:

(1) AKA “legend in your own lunchtime” … :roll_eyes:

I’m not seeing what she did to gain unwarranted attention. She accepted an award with an acceptance speech in a dress that matched the occasion.

1 Like

Well … it’s a matter of perception … :man_shrugging:

I’m waiting for the inevitable divorce announcement. Then I’ll be wondering how much she will plunder from his £55+million wealth.

I’ll hazard a guess. Errrrrrrr, £55 Million?? He can keep the change! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :wink:

1 Like

LD how do you know he has this much in the bank ? I doremember him saying on Oprah that he only had his mother’s inheritance left to live on , which I think the media said was 18million !

Prince Harry’s Net Worth (Updated 2023) | Wealthy Gorilla

1 Like

IMG_2034

6 Likes

Made my day … :laughing:

1 Like

Brilliant!!!

1 Like

No updates on “The Manhattan Chase” yet but, interestingly:

PRINCE Harry has a room set aside in a luxury hotel where he stays on his own near his California home, it is claimed. And he has another escape place in LA where he works out and can stay in exclusive bungalows. The reports emerged as the couple failed to post any pictures on their fifth wedding anniversary on Friday.

Harry, 38, has a room kept on standby for him at a leading hotel chain in Montecito, close to the couple’s £12million mansion, it has been reported. He occasionally stays there without wife Meghan, 41, sources say.

Harry is also said to stay at the exclusive San Vicente Bungalows, a private members club in Los Angeles, after going to a gym class called Barry’s Bootcamp nearby.

No lovey-dovey photos of the pair on their wedding anniversary … :thinking:

Perhaps any photos or footage are being saved for a forthcoming NetFlix feature … :man_shrugging:

News re Harry’s “protection”:

Prince Harry’s lawyers wanted a judicial review of the rejection of his offer to pay for protection in the UK, after his security arrangements changed when the prince stopped being a “working royal”. But a judge has ruled not to give the go ahead for such a hearing. This ruling followed a one-day court hearing in London last week.

Since then the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been involved in what their spokesperson described as a “near catastrophic car chase” involving paparazzi in New York.

Last July, Prince Harry was successful in getting the go-ahead for legal reviews of the decision-making process over his security, which have still to be heard.

But he has now lost in his challenge over wanting to pay privately for security costs, which he had previously said was “not to impose on the taxpayer”.

That bed he’s made is not proving too comfortable to lie on … :slightly_frowning_face:

well im pleased hes not got his own way ,Karma is working …

2 Likes

Did he have to pay ALL court costs?