Prince Harry in Car Chase - No Further News

Sorry for the confusion guys, I only posted the article because it flashed up on my screen as breaking news. I admit I was shocked when I saw it and my mind immediately leapt to the accident with his mother. We were discussing it on FB last evening and this post is from my pal Gina who lives in New York.

1 Like

More info.

Please don’t get put off starting threads, it’s a good one :+1:

3 Likes

I agree. If there was a slim chance he would be coming back, then he would have stayed for the balcony scene with the rest of the family.

They have made themselves laughing stocks with this supposed story .

2 Likes

There are those who have sympathy for a hounded couple. And those who think they are a pair of hypocrites - craving the quiet life but complaining when they put themselves in the limelight, as they so often do.

Speaking exclusively to Sky News, the couple’s press secretary Ashley Hansen said: “I have never experienced their vulnerability as much as I did last night. They were incredibly scared and shaken up.”

On the specifics of the incident, she was keen to counter any narrative, prompted by their initial statement, that there had been a two-hour high-speed car chase.

“There were several times where the car stopped, and security got out,” she told me. “There were instances where the police confronted the paparazzi and had asked them to stop or give them space, to do this safely. Unfortunately, that wish was not respected.”

There is plenty of footage of the chase taken at points in the pursuit. Some of it is from CCTV cameras; some seemingly captured by the prince himself who was seen, in the paparazzi footage filming on his mobile phone. The spokesperson said the footage could form part of an investigation which the NYPD has initiated, one which she said the couple had not requested.

The words of one member of the security detail tasked with the couple’s protection paint a vivid picture of the pursuit from their perspective.

Tom Buda, a former detective with the NYPD who also worked at the US State Department, said: “They used e-bikes to help their sedans to keep up. I witnessed at least 15 lights blown by the paparazzi vehicles.” Mr Buda continued: “As security, we don’t know what the intention of these supposed paparazzi are - and we don’t know who’s who. And they were driving recklessly. Our assumption was they were paparazzi. Trying to make lots of money. But they were driving aggressively and badly. The duke and duchess were a bit shaken up.”

So, no prolonged chase, but an “aggressive” stop and start ride, surrounded by sedans and e-bikes, which left H &M either “incredibly scared” or “a bit shaken up” 
 :thinking:

1 Like

To be fair, the initial statement just said that the pursuit was relentless and took 2 hours. The initial statement that I saw didn’t include a high speed car chase.

That got included when people were comparing to Diana.

The whole incident, including the 10 minute taxi ride did take them out of their way for 2 hours, it seems.

From the original article

There could not have been a 2 hour high speed car chase in NY as others have pointed out, but I didn’t see where they claimed it was.

The america chief police laughed at this story and the taxi driver who took them said he wouldn’t have called it a chase .
What’s their next attention seeking ploy I wonder ?

2 Likes

Well, exactly, it goes with the territory, doesn’t it and they can’t court attention when it suits them and then whinge when they get it

It’s not a high speed chase unless you run away at high speed

If they didn’t want their friends address revealed then stay at a hotel the night of the award ceremony and stay with friends when the limelight isn’t on them

Talk about making something out of nothing

1 Like

why cant they just travel in a van with no windows???

2 Likes

Why can’t they just stay at home?
Metaphorically speaking of course.

1 Like

(10) Megyn Kelly on New Information Proving Harry and Meghan Were Lying About Paparazzi “Car Chase” - YouTube

(10) :rotating_light: Harry And Meghan LIED About “Car Chase”. Here Is The Proof
 - YouTube

1 Like

Did they manage to catch the paparazzi ?

A photo agency that took pictures of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex during what the couple said was a dangerous car chase has refused to hand over the images to them.

Backgrid, a California-based entertainment picture agency, said on Thursday it had received a letter from the Sussexes’ legal team.

It said the letter stated:

“We hereby demand that Backgrid immediately provide us with copies of all photos, videos, and/or films taken last night by the freelance photographers after the couple left their event and over the next several hours.”

The agency said it had replied in a letter:

“In America, as I’m sure you know, property belongs to the owner of it: Third parties cannot just demand it be given to them, as perhaps Kings can do. Perhaps you should sit down with your client and advise them that his English rules of royal prerogative to demand that the citizenry hand over their property to the Crown were rejected by this country long ago. We stand by our founding fathers.”

What gives the Sussexes the effrontery to “demand” something that isn’t theirs 
 :astonished:

Probably the same delusions of self-importance that prompted them to describe a short but “chaotic” car journey as “relentless pursuit” and a “near catastrophic car chase” 
 :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Was Bradley Walsh in the vicinity?

I think Harry’s cheese has slid off his cracker .

1 Like

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Followed by Paparazzi in Wild, 2-Hour Chase (video)

A short break in the pursuit.

More narrative of the events.

If they have 2 more boys they could name them Victor and Timothy :roll_eyes:

It was all just another stupid stunt.

The Duke and Duchess of Netflix once again, leverage Harrys mothers death for publicity.